UE Super.fi 3 studio or Denon AH-c351
Jun 15, 2008 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

oarnura

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys I need help. I ordered the UE sf3 from buy.com for $54 shipped. A friend of mine has it so I tried it. I don't think I got a proper seal so I pushed it in too much and my ear canals are a bit sore. I tried the bigger tips and that sealed better but I still had to push it in past comfort to drown out the ambient noise. I wasn't too impressed with the sound. I did hear it on his Zune and with his music so I'd like to reserve judgement after I have listened to them properly.

I'll be honest I have never used IEMs. I have the JVS Fx66 ear buds that worked great but I lost the tips that worked for me. I now have upgraditis.

The UEs haven't shown up yet. I was at a local store(fry's) and picked up the AH-C351. I am conflicted if I should open the box and give it a go or wait for the UEs to show up next week.

I hope I found the UE uncomfortable because I pushed it in too much and didn't get a decent seal. The videos on UEs website don't work for me on my mac. I read the PDF and it wasn't too clear on how far to insert the things.

Also the UE Sf3s roll off at 13KHz I find it very odd that a "full range" product does that.

I want good isolation, sound and some comfort for long listening sessions at work. I tried closed over the ear cans I got the AKG K81Dj ( my head's too big and they don't fit even fully extended) and the Audio technica ES7s which also hurt no matter how much I mod the band.

I like the sound of the ES7s. I'd rather not exceed $70 or so.

Jun 15, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by younglee200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you tried the reverse fit for the UE3s?

No I didn't have that long to try them out and I didn't even know that was something to try.

The question, which I should have been clear on, is that are the UE SF3s worth going the effort of taking a 15% restocking hit sound quality wise?

How do they compare to the Denon AH-c351? I know the retail price on the UEs is almost 2x the denons and the driver technology is very different.

I am going to be using these with my iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back