UE Super.fi 3 Studio - $59.99
Dec 4, 2008 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Taikero

500+ Head-Fier
This site has been confirmed legit by a previous customer (below). $59.99 is a sweet deal for these.

Ultimate Ears SF3STUDIO Black Black In-Ear Earphones : CCI Solutions

Not sure how legit this website is, but I stumbled across this deal a few moments ago, and I thought I'd share it with Head-Fi.

It also looks like they have some "M-Audio" items, or re-branded UE IEMs as well. The website looks like it's based out of Seattle, WA.

Dec 4, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #2 of 4
(Hi, I decided to join Head-Fi after seeing your question)

Coincidentally, I ordered those exact Super.fi 3s from that website a week ago, and I just received them yesterday.

Well, I think they're legitimate. Taking a second look at what I got...

1. The headphones seem solidly constructed.
2. All the accessories (metal case, silicone & foam earbuds, attenuator, etc) are supplied.
3. I was able to get a product registration for them on Ultimate Ears' website

Now I'm definitely not an audiophile, but I have to say that they sound very pleasant (I turned off my EQ settings on my Walkman and I'm thinking of keeping it that way).

Just thought you'd like to hear from someone who bought from that site...

Dec 5, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #4 of 4
Altec Lansing Upgrader UHP336 Stereo Earphone - UHP336 - Buy.com

Mine just got here today. Just waiting for my custom cable and E5 to see how good they can get. With my SF 5 tips and S-adapter they have a surprising amount of bass, a shade less than the UM2(but better).

BTW, the Altec version comes with their own soft zipper case(I like it actually) that is more a glorified pouch with no real crush protection but I have UE cases so it is a nice alternative. The cable is grey with a straight plug which I also like better for some of my DAPs and for using with the S-adapter. I am getting my custom cable with a straight plug also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back