UE super.fi 3 or Ety ER-6i? (or mayb e3c's)
Jul 5, 2006 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

lopoz

New Head-Fier
Hi!

I have forced myself into buying a new pair of IEMs, since I lost one of my rubberthingies of my Sony EX81.. SO why not get a little sound quality upgrade
wink.gif

After reading some of the reviews, I didn't really get any further..
I think the Ety's will sound too thin (coming from the EX81s), or would any one of these phones sound 100x better than my Sonys?
tongue.gif

I've narrowed it down to these 3 models:
UE super.fi 3
Ety ER-6i
Shure e3c

I'll be using them for listening to my iPod and maybe with my PSP.

Can I go wrong with any of these, coming from the EX81?
Any help is appreciated
wink.gif

Jul 5, 2006 at 3:28 PM Post #2 of 7
I would avoid the ER6i. I dont consider myself a basshead at all but the ER6i isnt exactly warm or full sounding straigh out of an ipod without an amp. It is entirely accurate when people say they are neutral and they have clarity, but they are not worth the $100 i paid for them when put next to my PX100s.

Jul 5, 2006 at 3:44 PM Post #3 of 7
i have not heard UE SF3 so i cant comment on it... but seems bad from most review. coming from ex81, guess you will find all the above IEM disappointing in bass but you'll be please in their mid and high...er6i is a very detail IEM so you might want to test it out yourself to see if you like it. shure e3 got nice mid but people comment the it high and low is not enough... but to me, e3 is more of a fun IEM as compare to er6i...

Jul 5, 2006 at 4:12 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87
i have not heard UE SF3 so i cant comment on it... but seems bad from most review. coming from ex81, guess you will find all the above IEM disappointing in bass but you'll be please in their mid and high...er6i is a very detail IEM so you might want to test it out yourself to see if you like it. shure e3 got nice mid but people comment the it high and low is not enough... but to me, e3 is more of a fun IEM as compare to er6i...

thanks for the answers so far!
could you point me to some UE SF3 reviews? The ones I've read seemed pretty positive.. Thanks in advance!

I'm leaning towards the e3c's at the moment.. Should I buy them, would you recommend getting the triple flanges? (they cost 20,- extra)

Jul 6, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by lopoz
thanks for the answers so far!
could you point me to some UE SF3 reviews? The ones I've read seemed pretty positive.. Thanks in advance!

I'm leaning towards the e3c's at the moment.. Should I buy them, would you recommend getting the triple flanges? (they cost 20,- extra)

well, with e3, as i said earlier on, you will be disappointed in the bass compartment but i don,t think it a lost... give yourself sometime o burn in to the IEM. about triple flange, it depend on the fitting. different have different fitting... for my case (i'm using AL iM716), i have shure grey slevee, triflange, modded biflange, AL foam and UE biflange. all give me different fit.

shure grey slevee. Most comfortable to me but i can even a tiny movement of my ear

triflange. i can't even get a fit

modded biflange. it a Ety triflange with the smallest flange cut of... isolation is fantasic... but hard to wear and unconfortable

AL foam. never really use them... it gave me worst isolation and the IEM stick out more

UE biflange. the noozle hole is larger so i have to mod to fit on iM716. it give me a canal phone feeling. isolation is great but over the time, the pressure built up on my ear canal is painful

about the review, i need to search again

Jul 6, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #6 of 7
maybe you can consider UM1...

Jul 6, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #7 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back