UE SF5PRO Return question: keep the cable?
Apr 20, 2007 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

thekid22

100+ Head-Fier
I have a pair of Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 Pro, but i need to return them because housing on one of the drivers broke... (BOO!)
I got an RMA number and I'm going to send it out today.

They told me to return everything i originally received, but knowing that others eventually have issues with the cables, I want to keep mine as a backup...

Does anyone know if I can keep my cable and just send in the 2 drivers?

will they then require me to send in the cable too?

any advise for me?

thanks to all.

Apr 20, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 5
Return the cables as well. The worst that could happen is the cables they send back to you on a new pair are newer than the ones you have now. They probably wouldn't be too keen on recabling them for free, so if you only sent them drivers, you will probably only receive new drivers. The replacement cables are $20 for a reason, they want you to buy them.

Apr 20, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The replacement cables are $20 for a reason, they want you to buy them.

x2

Not sending in the cable will just complicate things even more. There is no way they won't notice a missing cable, they made the darn things! They will ask for A) money or B) the cable. Either way, it will be much more of a hassle than just buying your own cable. I would just order a replacement cable and have them ship it together with your repaired/new IEMs to save on shipping.

Apr 20, 2007 at 5:24 PM Post #4 of 5
Moreover, I complained about the cables that came with the replacement (well, I actually sent them a list with things I liked and I did not like, as feedback more than complain), and when I asked about how much would be to get them in black (white cable with black IEM, horrible!), they sent them to me for free.

On the other hand, I never got the pouch as promised, but we had been dealing the issue for sooo long (they told me they had sent the pouch, but I did not receive anything, then they supposedly sent it again...), that I gave it up. Anyway I got the cable, in exchange.

Apr 20, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #5 of 5
All I know is that if I worked at UE and just got a little baggie with 2 monitors in it MINUS the cable I would assume that the customer was trying to pull something over on the company. I think by keeping the cable you are only delaying AND complicating things for yourself.

-T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back