UE Reference Monitors For Stage Work
May 14, 2015 at 8:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Alrod

New Head-Fier
I recently ordered the UE Reference Monitors.  I should be getting them in a week or so (can't wait!).  I got them primarily for tracking/mixing/mastering work in my studio to supplement my studio monitors and HD650's for critical listening.

I also play guitar (acoustic & electric), and sing.  I would like to use the UERM's for the occasional gigs that I get.  Does anyone have experience with the UERM's for stage use?  If so, what are your thoughts?

May 14, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #3 of 5
  No experience but they should be great. Their only issue would be how well the bass line holds up at high volume stage use but they should be excellent in your use.

Thanks for that.  The music I play isn't necessarily bass heavy.  Indie/rock both acoustic and electric versions.  I would realy like to hear opinions from people that have hands on experience with the UERM's.  I am basically wondering if I would be better off with say the UE 7 Pro for stage work, or if the UERM's would have me covered in a way that I wouldn't really need anything else.  I don't want the UERM's to fall under the category of just "good enough".  Obviously I will find out for myself once I get them, but just wanted to get some opinions.

May 14, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #4 of 5
I'm not a stage performer or a mixing engineer, but I don't see why the UERMs wouldn't work well for stage use.  The only thing I can think of is that their neutrality, especially in the bass, might make it harder to feel the rhythm or to hear certain parts of the mix if there's a lot of ambient noise.

But they respond very well to EQ, so if you need a little more thump and low-end rumble, they're capable of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back