UE Pro 18+ vs. Reference Remastered (UERR), suggestions and experiences
Jan 18, 2018 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Tanelorn

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Mates,

I am looking for a pair of CIEM for mobile listening and went for the UERR to test and they were great, with a great neutral sound. For comparison i checked the UE Pro 18+ an I was positively shocked how much fuller and more natural they sound (butr negatively shocked about the price difference).

additional Information if someone is interested:
I am with a BOSE QC35 wired to a AK XB10 Bluetooth-DAC at the moment, Streaming from Tidal Hi-Fi and FLAC Local Files from my Samsung S8. I tend to keep the DAC and Phone for Playback with the new CIEM.

Now. there is a price difference between UERR and PRO 18+ of about 500€ / 600$ here in germany.. what leads to my thougts:

I need to decide whether to..
  1. Go for the cheaper UERR which sound great bit with a bit too sharp treble in my ears, which could be fixed via EQ and buy a new AMP/DAC woth the 500€
  2. Go for the more expensive PRO 18+, which sound almost perfect for me and use my current Bluetooth AMP Astel&Kern XB10.
@the people who experienced both Earphones, how did you or how would you decide between both devices?
What were your pros and cons?

Feb 14, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #3 of 5
Hey,
I decided today.
Vision Ears came to my comparison.. and they succeeded.

I will go for the VE8 and quit testing with the 18+ and UERR as Vision Ears do much preciser devices.
I was heavily surprised by the 18+ at first but when I heard the VE8 i had tears in my eyes because the sound of my most loved songs was forming perfectly in my head.

Things can change so suddenly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back