UE-Pro 10 vs 650s for home use?
Jul 31, 2005 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

James63

100+ Head-Fier
I am thinking about getting a pair of UE-Pro 10s. I have read all of the reviews but I still have my doubts. I want to know if any of you who own the UE-Pro 10 use them over your full sized headphones? Not because you have to (size, isolation, etc) but because you want to. I really just want them for portable use but I want them to hang with my full sized cans. Specifically How do they compare to the 650s (MS-2i would be ok for comparison too).

The midrange is where it is at for me. I like it lush and full with good transparency in the vocals? How does this compare to the 650s?

Also is the 16k drop off a big problem? Many people say the highs are good but from the frequency graph high-end extension is poor.

Jul 31, 2005 at 7:33 PM Post #3 of 6
Ok, thanks I will read through it.

Jul 31, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 6
Ok I read all of those posts. It was informative, but I am looking for more of a nitty gritty comparison with the 650s. An A/B comparison would be great if anyone could help me out. Details about how they both sound on a given song would be even better.

Aug 2, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #5 of 6
Bump

Aug 2, 2005 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by James63
I am thinking about getting a pair of UE-Pro 10s. I have read all of the reviews but I still have my doubts. I want to know if any of you who own the UE-Pro 10 use them over your full sized headphones? Not because you have to (size, isolation, etc) but because you want to. I really just want them for portable use but I want them to hang with my full sized cans. Specifically How do they compare to the 650s (MS-2i would be ok for comparison too).

The midrange is where it is at for me. I like it lush and full with good transparency in the vocals? How does this compare to the 650s?

Also is the 16k drop off a big problem? Many people say the highs are good but from the frequency graph high-end extension is poor.

Here is the thread for you to consider:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=129182

Users who are viewing this thread

Back