UE pre-tuned question
Dec 17, 2007 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gh0st

New Head-Fier
I am seriously thinking about buying a pair of the Ultimate Ear super.fi 5 Pro IEM's but I do have one concern.

The different models are tuned to a particular music style / use.

I typically listen to Classical, techno, Ambient, and Electronica; with a fair amount of podcasts and audio books not to mention a lot of talk radio.

Should I be concerned with selecting the super.fi 5 Pro over other models?

Thanx for all of the help I have received so far!

The other manufacturer I was looking at was Klipsch ...the Custom-1 model in particular.

What is nice about the UE vs. the Klipsch is the dual drivers and the replaceable cord.

Also....is there a wire guard ? I can't tell from the photos but I think a wire guard is needed if you are working out to keep the speakers from pulling out.

Thanx !

Dec 17, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #2 of 4
Super Fi 5 will go great, I listen to all those genres as well and I am very happy with them. Techno is great, nice punchy and tight bass!

I havnt heard any Klipsch earphones so can't comment there

Wire guard? The cable plugs in pretty tight into the earpience, so it wont fall out!

Dec 17, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #3 of 4
The sf5p covers all the genres of music that I listen to also. It covers techno/electronica/rock/hip hop particularly well. The classical that I listen to is pretty decent for iem's also. The sf5p are quite versatile when it comes to music types. I imagine that you'll enjoy them just as much as I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back