UE Metro.fi 100 Burn-in
Jun 4, 2008 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TC Johnson

New Head-Fier
Greetings!

I ordered a set of the new UE Metro.fi 100s to use with the Sansa Clip I also purchased to use while running. The Sansa so far has impressed with its SQ, even the radio. On the other hand, the Metro 100s seem quite harsh in the upper frequencies, and no where near my Shure IEMs in SQ. Realistically, I don't expect $30 IEMs to perform like >$150 priced Shures, but hoped for a bit more than what they have proven so far.

Has anyone else found the Metros to smooth out after burn-in? How many hours before real results are heard? David Grohl screaming "EreaSHHH, ReplaSHHH" was too much to take.

Also, the fit leaves something to be desired compared to my in-canal Shures. Is there a triple-flange or other deeper earpiece that would work?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

TC

Jun 4, 2008 at 2:30 PM Post #2 of 4
Yeah I know what you mean. I also use the Sansa CLip 1GB version with Shure E3C. I'm pretty satisfied with it. My friend has also the Metro 100s. I'll try to borrow them and test it

Jun 5, 2008 at 1:59 PM Post #4 of 4
I have the 'buds burning in on some pink noise since last night, and will let them toast until Friday evening to see if that smooths things out.

Is there a reasonable source for double flange tips that work on the UE's? I'm trying to keep costs down on the running rig since the big bucks are reserved for my main protable system (80G iPod, E3c or RP-21s, Spirit amp), so less than $10 shipped would be ideal.

On another note, it is amazing that a post from yesterday can end up 3 pages down on this board by the next morning. This must be one of the busyiest audio boards on the 'net!

Thanks for the replies.

TC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back