UE impression questions
Jun 21, 2004 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

penbat

500+ Head-Fier
1/ My audiologist i think did a good job and only charged me £20 but she did say that the impressions will shrink over time. Maybe she wasn't using the proper recommended UE impression mix, I am not sure. Would you expect all impressions to shrink over time ? I am a little concerned that if i take too long deliberating on UE-5C v UE-10 my impressions may shrink.

2/ At what point can UE accept a change in order from UE-10 to UE-5C (or vice versa) without creating inconvenience or delay ? Are the earpieces made first from my impressions and only attached to the UE-10 or UE-5C at a later stage so i have so time still to change my mind ? UE should have received my impressions round about now so how long have i got to change my order without holding things up ?

Jun 21, 2004 at 2:50 PM Post #2 of 7
Why don't you go ahead and ask UE directly and let us all know what they say?
icon10.gif

Jun 21, 2004 at 2:50 PM Post #3 of 7
I'll answer your questions because I'm Jerry from UE undercover on head-fi.
1. uhhh... I don't know.
2. uhhh... I don't know.
All right, so I'm not Jerry. Give them a call or pop them an email! Seriously, not even the gurus can give you the real deal on those issues.

Jun 21, 2004 at 2:56 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by penbat
1/ My audiologist i think did a good job and only charged me £20 but she did say that the impressions will shrink over time. Maybe she wasn't using the proper recommended UE impression mix, I am not sure. Would you expect all impressions to shrink over time ? I am a little concerned that if i take too long deliberating on UE-5C v UE-10 my impressions may shrink.

2/ At what point can UE accept a change in order from UE-10 to UE-5C (or vice versa) without creating inconvenience or delay ? Are the earpieces made first from my impressions and only attached to the UE-10 or UE-5C at a later stage so i have so time still to change my mind ? UE should have received my impressions round about now so how long have i got to change my order without holding things up ?

1. This what my audiologist said as well. The silicone mix does start to shrink after 7-10 days. From previous discussion with Mindy UE will make a mold of the impressions the day they arrive that will not shrink - UE will store it for at least 2 years in case anything needs doing in the future. To be honest I personally have no problems with fit and my impressions were taken with the same material you talk about. They took 6 days to arrive inc. the weekend.

2. UE changed my order the day they received the impressions and it didn't slow things down, but I was warned that a change once they started construction wouldn't be possible, so you'll need to ask them about the latest that would be possible.

Jun 21, 2004 at 4:02 PM Post #5 of 7
I have already sought the advice from UE whether to go for UE-5C or UE-10 but i could have done with Wolfen68's UE-5C input which would have helped a lot in my decision but i don't what to to delay the order.

Jun 21, 2004 at 4:20 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

I have already sought the advice from UE whether to go for UE-5C or UE-10 but i could have done with Wolfen68's UE-5C input which would have helped a lot in my decision but i don't what to to delay the order.

The turn round time from receiving your impressions is around 7-10 days. I doubt waiting a couple of days to get a second opinion will make a noticable difference to you and might be the difference between getting the right or wrong product for you.

I'm going to say wait as you will need to be happy using these phones for at least 2-3 years to get full value out of them.

Jun 21, 2004 at 4:24 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

They've had my impressions 7 business days so far. It should be soon.....

It's hard to wait, but I agree with Big D. Do what you gotta do to be happy with your long term purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back