UE customs to MMCX and UE Jaybird Bluetooth cable (pics)
Jul 7, 2017 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Julien

100+ Head-Fier
I have a pair of UE 11Pros and I want to have a BT cable. I have found some odd things. It looks like UE will put MMCX connectors on and it looks like they sell a unrelated MMCX Jaybird BT cable meant for the UE 900S.

So my question is can I send in my UE 11Pros and have the MMCX connectors installed and then buy the UE Jaybird Bluetooth cable and be set? Also is the UE Jaybird cable a Jaybird product? I can't find it on the Jaybird site and doesn't look like Jaybird even uses MMCX.

I'm somewhat confused by all this. Has anyone done this with UE's?

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 3.26.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 3.25.43 PM.png

Aug 7, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #5 of 22
At least they got AAC which is the important thing for me with iOS devices. It's a rather steep price to pay in order to get bluetooth on my Shure SE846, but it does look nice. But it sports a proprietary charging solution, the big question is do you get the charger as a part of the bundle if you order the replacement cable?

Aug 7, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #6 of 22
It uses standard microUSB to charge. If you mean the dock/external battery it comes with it. I wish they would get rid of the dock and just put in in the wiring on the left side. This would make them symmetrical and give you 8 hours without having to dock to charge. It is included and part of the cable order. It also comes with a short microUSB to USB but no power supply adaptor (Wall Wart).

Aug 7, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #8 of 22
Yes and it works great with excellent SQ. As stated I would like the extra battery/dock built in to the left side. This would make them more convenient and double the battery life. Docking to charge is a slight pain and the worst part. Also if you are use to memory wire for over/around ear it doesn't have it. You have to use the little cable management disc to 'tighten' the cable so it stays over your left ear. The controller/battery holds the wire in place over your right. Another reason the dock/battery needs to be built into the left.

Aug 7, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #9 of 22
Thanks you for all your feedback. I contacted the only UE Pro supplier in Norway and they are able to get me the cable without me having to pay that high shipment cost directly from UE Pro. This also gives me all the extended consumer rights we are lucky to get here in Norway, which I find critical when we are talking about a cable at this price point. I really hope I will find the cable to be good, I'm growing sick and tired of not being wireless but all the various wireless solutions on the market simply can't match my Shure SE846. I hope I'm finally able to enjoy the best of both worlds!

Sep 22, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #14 of 22
Sweet!! I might have to order one.

I presume you're using the cable with your SE846? Do the angled MMCX connectors work alright with the Shure drivers?

Yeah, using it with the SE846s. The connectors work fine. The only problem is that the mic/earpiece will be behind your ear (not at mouth level). A definite plus for this cable is the implementation of the separate charging attachment. It's more convenient than have a charging port built into the cable since the IEMs don't need to be tethered to a wall when charging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back