UE 900 vs. 1964EARS V3
Aug 9, 2013 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

teknikal90

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I'm a musician and I've been with UE this whole time - only universals, not yet custom.
I love the UE sound - hate the build quality.

Now, I'm thinking to upgrade - currently on the TF10.
I figured the UE900's been out long enough that all the kinks should be fixed by now?

It's the most natural progression...but then I'm thinking, for a little bit more, I can get the 1964EARS V3.

My thoughts:
- UE has 4 drivers, the 1964EARS only has 3
- 1964EARS is custom. That's good right?
- UE is universal....but should last longer?? I hear your ear grows out of shape...
- I want something that's neutral - I dont want anything to be overpowering...

What do you guys think? UE 900 vs. 1964EARS?

Thanks all!

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #2 of 5
I have not heard either, but from all of the things that I have read, the UE is a more accurate sound than the 1964s.  Take a look at Joker's comparisons and others.

Another option would be to get a new cable and get the TF10 reshelled to custom fit your ears.

Oct 4, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #5 of 5
I'm in a similar position, and although I am not as knowledgeable as some of the other members here, I would like to share my experience. Some of my past earphones included the TF10 and 535ltds. I am based in Tokyo, and there are some pretty good shops here that let you test-listen most of the stuff that they sell. I was considering reshelling the 535ltds but the manager of the shop sat me down and let me listen to JH5s and Rooth LS2s. Although they were test units, the sound blew me away. Much clearer than mass produced earphones. Because of budgetary reasons at that time, I decided on the LS2s.

Regarding your decision between the UE 900 and the V3s, I personally would get the V3s. If you are not the type to buy and then resell your earphones, you are willing to through the trouble of taking impressions, AND you can afford them then I would get the V3s. If you like sound with a little more bass, then the 1964Ears are probably for you. Just my two cents.

Good luck with your decision, if you haven't already made one. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back