UE 700 vs Klipsch Reference S4i (which to buy?)
Apr 15, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #18 of 26
What is different between the two revisions? Why are the new ones more durable?

Quote:
UE 700 is superior by a wide margin.

Those who exaggerate UE 700's lack of build quality obviously have not owned the new revision and need to get their fact straight. I have both the old plug design and the new. While the old only lasted me 4 month (got replaced with a brand new pair no question asked thanks to Logitech, since sold it but then bought another pair). The new one is holding strong. I sleep with them in, I run/walk with them. I cannot tell you how many times I wake up in the morning with the UE700s under my body, being pulled/tugged/crushed all night, with the source - my iPhone 4, on the other side of the bed by the night stand. "Falling apart at the slightest tug of the cable" ??? Could not be further away from the truth. 

And I believe UE700's sound doesn't require any more praises. Just do a search. 

Apr 15, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #19 of 26
There is also a sound signature difference, and they look different externally, as well. 

Here's a thread that shows visual differences between the two. 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/599247/heads-up-two-versions-of-the-ue700

Second, their frequency ranges HAVE changed. I'm not yet sure if this is just an on-paper change, or if it actually changes the way they sound. Perhaps someone who has used both can enlighten us about it.

^ Specs from the Old model. 

Specs from the new (Dark Silver) model v

So, there's a change from 10hz - 16,500 Hz  to 20hz - 20,000hz. I really like the old UE model, but I am afraid they may be different. 

Apr 15, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #20 of 26

Quote:
What is different between the two revisions? Why are the new ones more durable?

The new ones have a revised right angle jack that actually doesn't fall apart. The difference is really the nozzles though...They're more like the standard UE nozzles with a bit of a lip instead of the older ones, which also used the more tapered silicone tips. Lemme pull up the thread regarding revisions...

Apr 15, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #21 of 26
So the difference is mainly the jack? What was wrong with the old jack?

Quote:
The new ones have a revised right angle jack that actually doesn't fall apart. The difference is really the nozzles though...They're more like the standard UE nozzles with a bit of a lip instead of the older ones, which also used the more tapered silicone tips. Lemme pull up the thread regarding revisions...

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:
Look at the Amazon entry for the Dark Silver UE700. There's a couple pictures of the cable separating from the right angle jack.

Are the dark silver the old ones?  I thought the curved jack was new?  Which should I buy to be getting the new model?  I only see the dark silver on amazon...

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #25 of 26
I prefer the S4i's, I think the S4i's sound more livelier, the UE700 is decent with clearer sound, but I still prefer the Reference S4i's for its much enjoyable music.
. Can you post a link to those? There appears to be a few 4si models..

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #26 of 26
There are only two s4i models, one being the s4i which has a mic on them, and the s4 which doesnt have a mic, there are new s4 (2) which is the same earphones but new design with flatter cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back