ue-5c or super.fis?
May 19, 2005 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ripfrankwhite

100+ Head-Fier
The news of the upcoming super.fis has really made my decision to get the ue-5c very difficult. I don't mind spending the money on the customs, but I want to be able to tell a difference b/w the two. Do you think that the 5c will outperform the super.fi 5Pro?

Experienced advice appreciated. Thanks.

May 19, 2005 at 10:07 PM Post #2 of 4
I emailed UE about this very issue -- and they report that the UE5c and the SuperFiPro are not comparable. No details though, but I suspect that the custom fit alone makes for a significant sonic difference, plus of course the comfort factor. I'd encourage you to contact UE directly and ask them to help you decide between the two -- they have always been terrifically responsive and straightforward, and they answer inquiries very very quickly.

Mind you, I've had my UE5cs for a little over a year now, so if you have any specific questions or concerns about them please PM me and I will answer in great detail!

May 20, 2005 at 4:41 PM Post #4 of 4
I've wondered this as well....but it would defy marketing logic if the super.fis actually blew away the UE5c. I suspect the super.fis will be a great product but will fall short of the custom lineup.

It's an exciting time for IEM enthusiasts. I went with the UE5c's only because I had tried everything else off the shelf and still found myself wanting. If I was making the decision again, I would definitely research the E4's and super.fis before spending the approximate $600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back