UE-5c came today
Jul 19, 2005 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

ripfrankwhite

100+ Head-Fier
After three refits they finally fit great!! I added dental wax to the last set and built them up until they sealed perfectly. Then I mailed them in and they made a pair of near-perfect phones. I love 'em! I'm officially a member of TEAM UE-5c! (((applause)))

Jul 19, 2005 at 5:53 AM Post #2 of 20
Congrads. Hows the bass?
basshead.gif

-Alex-

Jul 19, 2005 at 6:11 AM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip
Congrads. Hows the bass?
basshead.gif

-Alex-

Great! Especially with rap music and bass boost. WOW!! Clear, full, deep. I've never heard anything like it before. Impressive is an understatement. Well worth the two month wait. I'm so glad I didn't have to return them.
icon10.gif

Jul 19, 2005 at 6:15 AM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ripfrankwhite
Great! Especially with rap music and bass boost. WOW!! Clear, full, deep. I've never heard anything like it before. Impressive is an understatement. Well worth the two month wait. I'm so glad I didn't have to return them.
icon10.gif

Thats awsome. Enjoy them! The UE-5c is what I will be getting if I ever go IEM again.

Jul 19, 2005 at 6:19 AM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ripfrankwhite
After three refits they finally fit great!! I added dental wax to the last set and built them up until they sealed perfectly. Then I mailed them in and they made a pair of near-perfect phones. I love 'em! I'm officially a member of TEAM UE-5c! (((applause)))

Hey just got mine today too, welcome to the team! Our members count is expanding
icon10.gif

Jul 19, 2005 at 5:43 PM Post #7 of 20
Yessssssss!

I was SO hoping that your refit madness would come to an end and with an excellent result! So your patience has now been rewarded, eh? Now add "Team UE5c" to your signature! (Which wolfen has never done -- he is such an individualist!
biggrin.gif
)

Anyway, now that we have this "critical mass" of UE5c owners -- aren't they just amazing? The bass -- well I think it's actually visceral, which is not an easy thing to do with canalphones! And yet the balance is there too, with no attentuation of the highend. Really, to my mind they are just extraordinary. I have been delighted with them, with all kinds of music, from Black Eyed Peas to Daft Punk to Miles Davis to Bach.

Makes me feel a bit like a proud parent, as I was one of the first (maybe even the first, actually) to buy these last April. Frankly, I think everyone into IEMs should eventually go custom, and the UE5cs are wonderful!

Enjoy them!

Jul 19, 2005 at 6:11 PM Post #8 of 20
If/when I get UE10 Pro's, do you think I'll be invited to the 5c team meetings? Will I be allowed to sit with the adults, or will I be stuck at the folding card table? These questions are weighing on me pretty heavily
etysmile.gif

Seriously, though, congratulations rip! Glad to hear your re-fit drama has finally come to a conclusion.

Jul 19, 2005 at 6:31 PM Post #9 of 20
Thanks guys. Everyone was right about sticking with it and not returning them. I really like 'em. I was not looking forward to returning them and downgrading to something else. Sonic bliss!!
icon10.gif

Jul 19, 2005 at 6:41 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
If/when I get UE10 Pro's, do you think I'll be invited to the 5c team meetings? Will I be allowed to sit with the adults, or will I be stuck at the folding card table? These questions are weighing on me pretty heavily
etysmile.gif

Seriously, though, congratulations rip! Glad to hear your re-fit drama has finally come to a conclusion.

are you kidding? you'll be at the king's table... the ue5c people are all at the coutier tables and the rest of us... well, peasantry isn't soooo bad...
wink.gif

Jul 19, 2005 at 8:43 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
If/when I get UE10 Pro's, do you think I'll be invited to the 5c team meetings?

No.

Ok, just kidding. You can come to the UE meetings, but first, you must bring me a shrubbery!

Jul 20, 2005 at 3:30 AM Post #14 of 20
I'm contemplating the UE5's. Only problem for me is I'm in Australia and three re-fits (via courier) would be expensive and time consuming. So I want to get it right first time along with the 50% poll results.

Having been through the process do you have any advice for someone having the impressions made? Keeping still? wiggling jaw? saying arrhhhh? What is best?

Open question to the club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back