UE 500 vs Klipsch S4
Mar 3, 2012 at 3:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TVisz

New Head-Fier
I am new to these thingis but after listenin to my friends in-ear Soul by Ludacris i waant proo ones too. I'm currently stuck with either the UE 500 or the Klipsch S4 after reading countless reviews but none say which of this would be best. I usually listen to pop, hip-hop, R&B, and hardstyle/dubstep and was hoping that someone would be able to help me to choose which one would be best for my music style as I've got limited time to go and try them myself. Or if there are any other in-ear headphones <100AUD that would be great if someone could suggest to me. Thx in advance.

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #2 of 2
Same here dude.. I am going in for UE 600 now.. No one here have actually heared UE500 or UE600 and compared with other IEM of $100 range.. Sound signatures as well as buid quality made me choose UE 600. I like to hear natural Bass and Clear mids and Highs.

I own these Grado SR60I I spent like $120 to get them which is stupid (As we dont get them in India and cost double the actual price due to customs duty and stuff.I hear great reviews so had bought them) They Sound Very Different, you wont like the sound at first. It takes time getting used to change from crappy earphones to Audiophile Earphones. As there are various aspects that you start listening into. Hearing to the sound coming from these cans. Eg: Soundstage-these cans make you feel you are in between the band thats playing.

Now the change. I have become a believer. Quality headphones really make the difference in listening to music and enjoying them.

I Can't use my grados everywhere as its like carrying an octopus on your head and roaming. So I wanted Something portable.

Well Coming back to UE's. Like you. I too checked so many other reviews to come up with UE500 and Klipsch S4.

Here in India at lowest price for UE500 was Rs3200/-, UE600 was Rs3999/- and Klipsch S4 was Rs.4300/- so I thought why not go with UE600 as it would definitely better than UE500. As many people have warned about bass being low in UE600.

Well my thoughts were based on listening to music as they are and I dont like too much bass as they hurt and irritate my ears after about 15-20mins. About Klepsch S4; well they have been talked a lot but heared their bulid quality is low and sound quality wise they are little muddier than UE600 as they are bass enhanced.

I needed clear perfect music with natural bass. I listen to Rock, Country, Jazz, Pop, Alternatve Rock, R&B, Also Hip Hop and some Instrumentals. Therfore I am going ahead with UE600. 

(Please Note: I have not heared How Klipsch S4/ UE500/UE600 Sounds. My Selection was based on checking reviews from Head-fi, Cnet & amazon.)

Compared to UE500 and Klepsch S4 my inclination would be towards UE 500 due to better build quality.
I suggest you make your choice of IEM's Based on 1) Kind of Sound which reviewers noted, 2) Durability you expect, 3)Kind of music you listen to, 4) Budget)

Cheers Friend hope you make your decision based on what kind of sound you expect from music coming out of your IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back