UE 500 or klipsch s4?
Nov 9, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 10
Between these two the S4 is more bass heavy. Depending on your budget, there are also other options for such as the Atrios, IE8, MTPG, MD Tributes. 

Nov 13, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
the s4s are more bass heavy, but they also have less accuracy and clairty than the ue500. the ue500 have more than enough bass though imo, its much more than flat. both earphones have a v shaped frequency

i only have the ue500, and they sound great. the L plug looks like its made very badly, but well see how it holds up

checkout the s4 graph
http://www.headphone.com/headphones/klipsch-image-s4.php

Which do u think is better overall?? I think Im leaning towards the ue 500 becuz of the flat cable and the foamies they come with.

Nov 21, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #8 of 10
I actually never had any earphones that tangle more than my UE500.
It -has- flat cables, but it's width to thickness ratio is probably too small to properly untangle itself.
The fact that it doesn't use softer rubber for the cabling also doesn't allow it to lose its packaging shape, so the twists it comes with may as well stay for a long long time. I've been finding the cables to have been looping as well... that can potentially kill them since they don't straighten off even with a bit more pull.

Overall i found the UE500 a bit of a shame. The sound is pretty good, no complaints, the comply foam tips are simply amazing at isolation and comfort, but the cable... the cable!! Coming from someone who had no problems with tangled cables until these... and the plug really doesn't look nor feel solid. They're probably great if you don't plan on bringing them out too much... certainly won't do if you're plugging it to like a Sony Walkman phone whose 3.5mm jack is already a pretty long cable.

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #10 of 10
A recabling would probably fix this problem... though I don't know how convenient it would be to recable IEMs designed with flats... never tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back