ue 5 pro replacement tips and cable
Jul 2, 2009 at 2:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

patrox89

100+ Head-Fier
so ultimate ears got bought, good for them, bad for us.

about a year and a half ago the cable went out on me and ultimate ears sent me out a replacement totally free. no more - logitech doesn't give out freebies.

SO, my cable is on the way out again (the memory wire is about to poke through the rubber casing) and I just lost one small silicone tip.

I know I may have to pay for the cable - no biggy these headphones are awesome.

What I would like to know is: are other companies tips compatible size-wise with ultimate ears super.fi 5 pros?

If so, what are the most similar to the stock ones? what ones are the best?

where would be the best place to buy replacement ultimate ear tips?

Jul 2, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #4 of 7
just ordered a cable from Earphone Solutions---cost $20. Also ordered some Comply tips which I haven't tried before. Used free shipping option so I'll let you know how they are in 7-10 days.

Jul 2, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by patrox89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
logitech doesn't give out freebies

When I called them for a replacement recently they said they will send me a replacement with no charge. But it was taking awfully long so I called them again and they said they have separate buildings for CS and stocks so it'll take longer than usual. But they never said Logitech no longer sends free replacements. Where did you get this?

Jul 2, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRefft /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just ordered a cable from Earphone Solutions---cost $20. Also ordered some Comply tips which I haven't tried before. Used free shipping option so I'll let you know how they are in 7-10 days.

got my comply's today..love em!

Jul 3, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #7 of 7
To set the record straight, UE under Logitech does send free cable replacements, as long as you are under warranty. The warranty is one year, so the reason they wanted to charge you was yours are over one year old. This is the same policy that was carried over from before the buyout.

Just the same, there have been plenty of reports of bad service from UE after the Logitech purchase. It's strange, given that Logitech has top-tier service for its own products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back