UE-11
Jul 5, 2007 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

IEMaddict

100+ Head-Fier
Lately I have been looking into buying some Ultimate Ears ue-10 pros to upgrade from the triple.fi's that i have right now. I have read some posts about the ue-11s that are soon going to be released in the near future. From what i hear, i think they should sound like the ue-10, but with extended bass response, but does this mean that they will sound like the Triple.fi? Im tryin to decide between going for the 10's or maybe waiting for the 11's. Any Advice?

Jul 5, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #2 of 8
Honestly, anytime those get metioned I cant help but to think of Spinal Tap.

"But, it goes to 11"

They probably only sound louder!!!
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #3 of 8
As most know I am a huge ue-10 pro fan. Of course I was excited to hear about the"11"'s

My concern with any new product is of course how many revisions will it take to make it right but more importantly I worry that the new 11pros with loose the complete tonal balance they are known for. For me accurate and ue-10 are one in the same by definition.

I think they will try to target a new audiance with a more "fun" iem. This is complete speculation of course but someone write down the date I said this just in case.

Not that I don't think the 11's won't be great I'm sure they will super impressive I just worry it will be too "fun" and forget where it came from.

Maybe just wishful thinking on my part so I can delay such a purchase lol.

For those still seeking the ultimate balanced iem go for 10's and stay away from any new 11 reviews just in case. Lol!

I don't see how they can be better only different. Just my opinion!

Jul 6, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #5 of 8
well if the 11's are better than the 10's, then trose, we need to start a petition to UE to give us 10 owners a cheap upgrade.

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #6 of 8
Thanks for the concern. Yep I couldn't believe how much information I was missing in the right side. It's a little tight and tough to get in but I think my right ear is just tough.

I will post up a pic when I get a chance but you should see the extreme angle the second bend is

It's like putting a square block into a round hole. Once its in it's fine an comfotable but takes a little tweaking a adjusting to get it in there.

I was gonna see if they could slim it down but I am afraid to mess with it now that its sounds correct

So if I need to hear quick I whip out the left side which slides in and out no prob but still has perfect seal. Why couldn't my right ear be more like my left.

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well if the 11's are better than the 10's, then trose, we need to start a petition to UE to give us 10 owners a cheap upgrade.

Can't agreee with you anymore
wink.gif
wink.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #8 of 8
Unless they radically changed the UE11 from the earlier prototype, it is anything but a balanced sounding IEM. They were heavily veiled, and extremely bass heavy. The most powerful bass I've heard from an IEM, but waaaaaaay too much bass.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back