UE-11 Pro bass quantity vs Westone 3?
Jul 14, 2009 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

naddy

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I guess you could consider me an audiophile basshead :) I like the amount of bass quantity that the Westone 3's have, and before I plop down the cash on the UE-11 Pro's, I wanted to verify that they have at least the same amount of bass quantity, now, I expect the quality to be better with the UE-11's but I definitely don't want to pay that much and then be disappointed by not having enough bass quantity for my liking!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jul 14, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by naddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all,

I guess you could consider me an audiophile basshead :) I like the amount of bass quantity that the Westone 3's have, and before I plop down the cash on the UE-11 Pro's, I wanted to verify that they have at least the same amount of bass quantity, now, I expect the quality to be better with the UE-11's but I definitely don't want to pay that much and then be disappointed by not having enough bass quantity for my liking!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If the OP has his eyes set on the UE11's, why would he get the C751's? They aren't even in the same league; not even close.

Jul 14, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the OP has his eyes set on the UE11's, why would he get the C751's? They aren't even in the same league; not even close.

nvm dude :')

Jul 16, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #7 of 11
I have both. I have the UM-56 tips on my W3's (don't know if that makes any difference). When I first got my UE-11's I thought there was far less bass but after getting used to them I went back to my W3's to hear the difference. I believe that the UE-11's have more bass and it's more tight and refined. The W3's, while excellent, I believe have less refined bass. The UE-11's have serious ommph. Not sure if that makes sense or not. Being a bass player, I am a total bass head. I just want lots of bass and the UE-11's don't disappoint. Now I'm wondering how the bass on the JH13's compares to the UE-11's. If the JH13's have more bass then my wallet might be hurting again.

Jul 16, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
funky they don't have more bass they are very flat and the bass doesn't overflow over the rest of the spectrum

I was trying to find the right words to describe it and you said what I was thinking. You're right about how the bass doesn't overflow over the rest of the spectrum. Much better way to describe it, thanks. Guess I'm not quite there yet with being able to analyze these things yet.

Jul 17, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The quality and detail of the jh-13 bass in amazing and it extends REALLY deep but in terms of quantity based off of what I have heard/read the UE-11 has more so then jh-13

I have both. The UE11s are wonderful headphones that would make any self-respecting basshead do whatever self-respecting bassheads do when overjoyed. The bass is deep, tight, full, and very detailed. What's also remarkable about the 11s is that the heavy bass doesn't mask the rest of the spectrum (you hear everything in detail), though the bass remains prominent, especially mid-low bass. At times I felt it overwhelmed some tracks, depending, obviously, on the track, and though I'm still very attracted to the sound signature, I felt they were so close to perfect, that this one little flaw actually bugged me far more than headphones that were very flawed in more ways. The JH13s corrected that, imo. Amazing bass: speed, detail, extension, punch. Yet when I'm listening to them, I'm not thinking about the bass at all. It's in perfect balanced. I'm not thinking about mids, treble, etc. I'm just in the middle of the music. I prefer this sound signature for overall listening, though if I wanted big bass, killer big bad bass, I'd go for the 11s.

I've never heard the Westone 3s. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back