UE-11 Defect?
Jan 31, 2008 at 6:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Lifter59

100+ Head-Fier
I was using my UE-11's earlier today and I heard what I thought was "rattling" during very low sound levels during playback - and only when I was moving around (I know - insert rocks/marbles in my head comments here
rolleyes.gif
).

Upon closer inspection, I discovered that the crossover in the right ear piece was visibly moving around inside. Apart from the annoying background distraction, I am concerned about an eventual short circuit killing the IEM's and my player as well.
eek.gif

I am contacting UE Customer Service in the morning but wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else or if I am blazing a new trail here.... They are still under warranty but considering the cost for them, I would never expect to encounter this.

Thanks.

Jan 31, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #3 of 6
Yeah - I know, but I was hoping NOT to venture down the road less traveled....
wink.gif

I will update this thread with their response to the problem...

Jan 31, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #4 of 6
You will not have a problem with them taking care of the problem. Only problem I have ever had with mu ue's was somehow I blew one of my drivers in my ue-5c. they took care of it within 24 hours from them recieveing them. Things happen sometimes and as many monitors they make there is bound to be something wrong with one or more of them. It could have been just the acrylic did not harden and the crossover worked loose.

Feb 21, 2008 at 7:01 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by chef8489 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You will not have a problem with them taking care of the problem. Only problem I have ever had with mu ue's was somehow I blew one of my drivers in my ue-5c. they took care of it within 24 hours from them recieveing them. Things happen sometimes and as many monitors they make there is bound to be something wrong with one or more of them. It could have been just the acrylic did not harden and the crossover worked loose.

Well, I received my UE-11's back after about 3 business days in their lab. The problem is solved (I am not sure if they found a way to re-attach what was loose or made a new set) and they sound as good as ever. If you really want to be able to tell the difference between your best IEM's and another pair - send your best set away for a week; the withdrawals are quite painful
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back