UE-10 Pro
Nov 10, 2004 at 11:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

vienna

Head-Fier
Ok, I just took the dump and ordered the UE-10 Pro.

So, did I do the right thing ?? I'll prob order up now the UE-5c next month (I changed the order around) mainly for excercising.

The wait is on !!! ETA - Tues , Wed.

I'm curious how they compare to the RS-1 I have

p.s. anyone want a SR-71 amp, plainview batteries, and a minito mini cable ? Its in the classifieds section now for a great deal !!

Nov 11, 2004 at 1:38 AM Post #5 of 15
I use my UE5c mostly for exercising, and they are wonderful!

And yes I too have every gen of the Ipod too (except the first one with no volume, that only worked with Apples) so I get the brand loyalty thing too!

I know you'll be very happy with them both!

Nov 11, 2004 at 2:29 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by random person
I use my UE5c mostly for exercising, and they are wonderful!

What you don't have is a UE-10 Pro to listen to at home while you ditch your UE5Cs.

Nov 11, 2004 at 10:52 AM Post #7 of 15
Well, Vienna... let us know when you get them. I hope you will be satisfied. I'm pretty sure you will, but we'll see soon in any case.

Good luck for the fit!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 11, 2004 at 2:35 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
What you don't have is a UE-10 Pro to listen to at home while you ditch your UE5Cs.

You are right. But then again, I never listen to canalphones or headphones at home. My home rig is too good -- nothing can come close to my speaker/amp combo. So I'm not looking for "speaker replacement" 'phones. My home setup is a religious experience!
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2004 at 5:37 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by random person
You are right. But then again, I never listen to canalphones or headphones at home. My home rig is too good -- nothing can come close to my speaker/amp combo. So I'm not looking for "speaker replacement" 'phones. My home setup is a religious experience!
biggrin.gif

There we go -- my point was that I felt it was a little redundant to buy a UE5C for cycling and a UE-10 Pro for home use, especially when an extra 150USD (which really, considering the aggregate cost we are looking at here, is not much at all) could get him a 2X-s and UE-10 Pro.

Nov 11, 2004 at 9:03 PM Post #10 of 15
Hi Blue Onion --

Yes, we agree -- except that I don't know why anyone would need more than one IEM at a time. You might WANT more than one, but you wouldn't NEED more than one!

Then again for some reason I have managed to acquire a zillion Ipods. Why, why?
rolleyes.gif

Nov 11, 2004 at 9:32 PM Post #11 of 15
mainly because when I work out, I like my music to be more bass heavy. Plus, jsut breaking up with the girl, I got lots of $$ to spoil myself with now !!!!

Nov 11, 2004 at 11:08 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by vienna
mainly because when I work out, I like my music to be more bass heavy.

Well, it's interesting you say that, because in lindrone's 2X-S/UE-10 Pro comparison, he states:

With that said, there's actually *more* bass on the 2X-S than the UE-10. Part of it is the decay factor I talked about earlier. 2X-S's bass is deep, rich and full, and it is allows to vibrate for a duration of time, reminding me more of what I would hear from a speaker system normally. It's like having a good subwoofer, there's very good visceral vibration with every deep thump.

Whilst in his 2X-s/UE-5C comparison, he states:

UE5c suffers from the previously noted "few-note-bass" effect. 2X-S's bass has many different tonality and texture, depending on the originating instrument, you don't get the same bass from a bass guitar as opposed to drums. This is where one can also deem the 2X-S's bass being "rounder" and more full, at times it can even seem that 2X-S's low-bass is much more powerful than the UE5c's low-bass because of its ability to render a low subwoofer like bass at its lowest, where UE5c just renders a clean low-bass that bares much resemblance to its midbass.

Anyway, I think I've made my point. Either way, I think you will be pleased, it is just a matter of how much more pleased you could get per dollar spent, in which case I personally believe that it would be wise to replace one of the UEs with a Sensa.

Good luck =)

Nov 12, 2004 at 3:18 AM Post #13 of 15
Vienna -- You and I understand each other TOTALLY.

All I can say is, if you love bass for your workout music (well, duh!) than you are gonna LOVE
icon10.gif
the UE5c and you are absolutely right to order them in addition to the UE10Pro.

Enjoy them both!

Nov 12, 2004 at 3:35 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by vienna
Ok, I just took the dump and ordered the UE-10 Pro.

So, did I do the right thing ?? I'll prob order up now the UE-5c next month (I changed the order around) mainly for excercising.

The wait is on !!! ETA - Tues , Wed.

I'm curious how they compare to the RS-1 I have

p.s. anyone want a SR-71 amp, plainview batteries, and a minito mini cable ? Its in the classifieds section now for a great deal !!

I am not sure what your restroom habits have to do with headphones, but congrats?

Nov 13, 2004 at 2:33 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by sygyzy
I am not sure what your restroom habits have to do with headphones, but congrats?

HAHAHAHAHA
What a thought to wake to in the morning
tongue.gif

Good call mate and good luck with your cans
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers
-jake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back