UE-10 Pro et al
Feb 25, 2007 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RCM

100+ Head-Fier
I'd appreciate a little feedback from those who have used molded IEMs such as the UE-10 as well as others in terms of how the fit/comfort compares to the nonmolded types.

I'm attempting to get one headphone setup that can do it all, (I realize that can't be accomplished without compromise) and I'm leaning toward the Redwine iMod/Tomahawk/as yet to be determined IEM combo.

I want to use these outside as well as inside, so have some concerns about the weatherability of the IEMs as well.

Thanks for answering my interminable questions, but I'm trying to give my wallet one big hit then not have to bother it for a good long time...Rod

Feb 26, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #2 of 5
I am using UE-10 as my portable headphones now, and was using ER4P before that. The fit of UE-10 is better, but the isolation level is about the same. The comfort is better as well, I can have them on for several hours without any discomfort. I would think that custom molds using soft matarial (like Sensaphonics) would be even more comfortable as UE-10 use hard material. I mostly use my UE-10 outdors, but I try to limit their use to reasonably good weather - I would be afraid to wear them in the rain.

Feb 26, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am using UE-10 as my portable headphones now, and was using ER4P before that. The fit of UE-10 is better, but the isolation level is about the same. The comfort is better as well, I can have them on for several hours without any discomfort. I would think that custom molds using soft matarial (like Sensaphonics) would be even more comfortable as UE-10 use hard material. I mostly use my UE-10 outdors, but I try to limit their use to reasonably good weather - I would be afraid to wear them in the rain.

I don't think I would listen to any kind of music if I were walking around outside in the rain...actually I don't think I would be doing much walking at all.

Feb 26, 2007 at 6:07 AM Post #4 of 5
I was quite satisfied with the comfort level I was getting with the Shure tri-flanges that I was using, but they really don't compare to my customs.

While I agree that the isolation is probably about the same, I rarely have to take my customs out to give my ears a break. However, with the tri-flanges I would take them out for a few seconds about once an hour.

Feb 26, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #5 of 5
FWIW I've been taking my Sensas out in all weather (and it's farking freezing here!), and they just do their thing. They're IN the ear so I don't think rain is going to get in.
wink.gif

Now I wouldn't just have them in my hands or otherwise exposed in those conditions. But in the ear? Sure! Remember it's a toasty 98.6 in there.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back