UE-10 Pro - Acrylic Impressions
Dec 4, 2004 at 1:30 PM Post #16 of 36
I don't think painting them with acrylic paint would help much, i use that stuff all the time and would never put it near my ears let alone in them
etysmile.gif

Mina.

Dec 4, 2004 at 5:15 PM Post #17 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mina
I don't think painting them with acrylic paint would help much, i use that stuff all the time and would never put it near my ears let alone in them
etysmile.gif

Mina.

OK Well UE manage to thicken the stem with something and it seems logical to use acrylic paint as the stems are acrylic.

Dec 4, 2004 at 5:45 PM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by penbat
Cany you say something about your suggested mods ? It is my understanding that the exact length of the stem is not critical for the sound quality, more for comfort. So if the stems are shortened they are less likely to dig into the ears and cause discomfort.

I would have thought that it is thickness of the stem that it is important to create a good seal. So if there is not a good seal, thickening the stem (maybe with acrylic paint) would help.

I have had a slightly different (but very positive!) experience. Following kind of an odd logic, I now have both UE5c and UE10Pro. What happended was this: I received my UE 5c, and was not happy with both the comfort (I thought they went too far into my ear) and the sound (too much bass, as other have mentioned). I sent them back for to be shortened a little (forgot to measure how much) and also ordered the 10Pros based on all the great reviews. When the UE5c was returned, the fit was nicer for me and also the bass seemed to be much better balanced. Since I still have both I can switch at will, and they are now really close in sound! Given all the difference in ear canals, I am sure this would not happen to every one, but I do not have the excess bass that others report (at least any more). Thus I ended up with two great phones. Jon

Dec 4, 2004 at 7:20 PM Post #21 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula
Big D,

If the UE10 insert time for a perfect seal etc. is 1-2 seconds as in the video, what is the 2X-S time?

Of course, it'll differ from person to person. I'd say 2-3 seconds.

Dec 4, 2004 at 9:00 PM Post #22 of 36
i think its funny with all this talk about how long it takes to seat custom iems.

is there actually someone out there that truly is bothered by the fact that it may take more than 2 seconds to seat calalphones? and moreso, is there someone that would be crazy enough to actually factor fractions of seconds of fidgeting into the custom iem purchasing process?

Dec 4, 2004 at 10:34 PM Post #23 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by toaster22
i think its funny with all this talk about how long it takes to seat custom iems.

is there actually someone out there that truly is bothered by the fact that it may take more than 2 seconds to seat calalphones? and moreso, is there someone that would be crazy enough to actually factor fractions of seconds of fidgeting into the custom iem purchasing process?

LOL... good point!!!!

Ironically, this is the same forum were people talk about having to warm up their tube amp for 20 minutes, or leave their electrostatic on for hours before they can get "optimal sound" out of them....
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2004 at 11:02 PM Post #24 of 36
hey, at least people warmin' up their amps is related to perceivable sound quality differences.

how long it takes to put on a custom iem, has nothing to do with sound quality...there's just no audiophile logic goin' on here.

i promise you - if you get custom iem's that are molded properly and you naturally, within a day a day or two, learn how to properly insert them, no matter which iem's you get you will not spend more than 10 seconds inserting both sides.

Dec 5, 2004 at 12:19 AM Post #25 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by toaster22

Yes. I have to frequently seat/unseat my phones at work. With headphones, it's not an issue. With IEMs, it's a distraction to me and my coworkers if I have to fiddle with them too long. If someone is standing there while it takes me a number of seconds each time per ear, it can be a problem.

Dec 5, 2004 at 3:13 AM Post #26 of 36
Quote:

If someone is standing there while it takes me a number of seconds each time per ear, it can be a problem.

i am stunned.

p.s. what interval of time is shorter than a "number of seconds?"

Dec 5, 2004 at 6:41 AM Post #27 of 36
I think the question would be more properly answered once the number of seconds was determined.

Have you ever worked a professional job and had people come up to you frequently with questions during the day? It's already arguably a little tacky to have them wait while I pause my CD player/take my headphones off. The more time that takes, the more potentital for that arguable tackiness.

Dec 5, 2004 at 10:13 AM Post #30 of 36
Quote:

Have you ever worked a professional job and had people come up to you frequently with questions during the day?

With my Sensas I can have a normal conversation once the music is turned off. As long as the person is standing near, there is no reason to take them out of the ears.

It is the insert that takes a second more with the full soft versions, not the removing. So, that has no influence on the conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back