UE-10/Ipod/Superdual combination
Aug 1, 2004 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

penbat

500+ Head-Fier
I am over halfway through burning in my Superdual and i am still getting a lot of brightness on the treble. It sounds rather artificial. The ampless UE-10 sounds much more natural. The Superdual has been commented on as being fab for Etys, not very good for Shure E5s. I guess if i got a Xin Supermono and found the right op amp i could find something that would work well with the UE-10 but I don't think I can be bothered. The Superdual has an 8620 op amp which doesn't seem to work very well with the UE-10.

Aug 1, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #2 of 5
Not surprised, in my experiences... I think Xin's amps has all been too heavily voiced for use with Ety ER-4. I don't really find them having that good of a synergy with any other headphones, sometimes literally destroys some other headphone's sound signature anyway. It's pretty clear that the amp is really built and tested with ER-4 all the way, all of its features, bass boost, impedance adjustment, are all oriented for the ER-4.

Aug 1, 2004 at 10:00 PM Post #3 of 5
Probably true, since Xin's avowed bias is toward the student with not much money to spend. Lucky me, I love the Etys and Xin's SD amp is freaking awesome with them. Looking forward to SuperMono.

Aug 2, 2004 at 2:31 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindrone
Not surprised, in my experiences... I think Xin's amps has all been too heavily voiced for use with Ety ER-4. I don't really find them having that good of a synergy with any other headphones, sometimes literally destroys some other headphone's sound signature anyway. It's pretty clear that the amp is really built and tested with ER-4 all the way, all of its features, bass boost, impedance adjustment, are all oriented for the ER-4.

Drifting further & further from the sr-71 & its much larger price tag.

Here's another vote for a rich, brave soul doing an ety er4 head to head between the sr-71 & supermono when it is released.

Aug 2, 2004 at 8:30 AM Post #5 of 5
Hmm i suppose I'd better think about selling my Superdual. I think the Superdual does have a positive affect on my E5s but not as positive as the effect of the Superdual on Etys.

I may be selling my E5s as well.

My Head-Fi feedback

My Ebay feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

Back