uDAC's effects on AD700
Mar 24, 2010 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cheese1988

New Head-Fier
I'm thinking of getting a uDAC to pair with my AD700. The DAC part could help with the sound when i'm using my laptop for music, but I'm curious as to the effects of the amp part of uDAC on AD700.

does it improve the clarity/sound stage/bass much?

tks to all

Mar 24, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #2 of 4
Eh, I'd say it makes them sound a bit better, but not much. It's a great DAC, so buying it for your AD700's and using it for future headphones is still a good idea. I'm comparing it to my Xonar DX, so it's probably a lot better than the on-board sound you're using regardless.

Mar 24, 2010 at 2:58 AM Post #3 of 4
i have one and tried it with some AD700's I had sitting around and thought they actually sounded great. next thing i knew, two hours had passed and i was still listening to music. there was a definite improvement from just plugging it into the headphone jack on my computer.

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #4 of 4
Synergy wise, they do well together. They help in areas where the AD700 lack a bit; bass and low mids. They smooth out the AD700 graininess a bit as well. But otherwise, AD700 don't show the greatest differences in the world by amping in any case. It won't make the AD700's listenable to those who already find it unlistenable or anything like that, but should increase the enjoyment for those who already do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back