udac-2 vs maverick d1 vs fiio e7/e9 combo
Aug 29, 2011 at 12:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Choseph

New Head-Fier

So I just purchased my first pair of headphones. Denon Ah-d7000. But now I am not sure which dac/amp combo I should get. udac-2 vs maverick d1 vs fiio e7/e9 combo.

Currently I am on a price budget, and just want to get the best sound quality. Portability has no say in this decision. The only reason the Fiio e7 is here is because although portable, I hear the e7/e9 combo is real good.

But with all these different opinions from the threads I have been reading. It keeps going back and forth.

Can anyone tell me which amp/dac would be best for my money?

*I would prefer a better DAC then amp component, since the denon's are easy to push. Or maybe just a DAC that I would be able to plug my cans into, that will power them still.

Thank You!

Very Respectfully,

Cho, Paul
MIDN US NAVY

Aug 29, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #2 of 2
I ordered a Audio GD NFB-12, which is about $240-250 shipped.  A bit more than your other options.  Most comparable to the D1, feature wise, since you can input USB, optical, or coax.  Either of these probably give you more versatility than the USB DAC only options.

There's a long thread on the NFB-12.  I haven't compared it to any other contemporary dedicated DAC, so can't say it's better or worse than any, but just another to consider if your budget allows and you might use other inputs besides USB down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back