Udac 2 for my setup?
Jan 13, 2012 at 3:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Melvins

Fake trader feedback from duplicate account: Frankzappa92.
Aka: Melvins92
BAD TRADER
Hey there, I was thinking about getting a Udac 2 for my LD1+ and grado set up as described in my sig and was wondering if anyone had any advice/words of wisdom/experiences they'd like to share with me? I have a 100 dollar gift card for amazon that I received this christmas which is sort of prompting this decision. thanks so much for your time

Jan 13, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #2 of 9
I think the UDAC has had a few issues as well as having somewhat high Total Harmonic Distortion.  For me the FiiO and Totatl Bithead are better options with lower distortion.

Jan 13, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 9
I'd get a Behringer UCA202 instead. Or you can ditch the tube amp and get a Fiio E10 or something. Both will be better DACs (and the E10 a better amp) than the uDAC.

Jan 14, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #4 of 9
ughhh I just got the tube amp so i doubt that would happen, and the fiio 7 has a better dac than the udac? also, remember this has to be able to be bought on amazon.

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #5 of 9
I've used this exact setup before, Udac2 with LD+ and my grados sr325i goldies. It was my first "serious" setup and it sounded quite nice. The tube amp is fine and will last you through many headphone (especially grado) upgrades. Udac2 sounds exactly what its worth, its decent, nice, and portable. I wouldn't say udac2 is bad or horrible but there are certainly better option in that range. I've used the setup for about 3-4 months before upgrading the dac. But in the 100-150 price range, I would say you will be happier with either HRT streamer II or the Audinst MX-1. Both are these dacs performed much better with the setup and too me valued much higher than the udac2. The audinst is actually quite nice since you can roll opamps and matching it to the LD+ which you can roll opamps and tubes as well. This way, you can find the best combo that matches your music preference.

Jan 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #6 of 9
awesome, thanks man I'll look into those options. ANyone else care to voice their opinion

Jan 14, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #7 of 9
also could you provide amazon links to these devices as the HRT streamer has a few options it seems like, the red one right?

Jan 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #8 of 9
bumppitty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back