UCA202 with my computer setup?
Mar 8, 2009 at 11:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

USAstrat

100+ Head-Fier
I'm a bit confused as to how to hookup my new planned computer setup. I already have audioengine a2's, and i'm planning on getting a sub and the Behringer uca202 as my soundcard/line level output.

First off, does the uca202 get it's input from the usb? I was looking on amazon, and it appeared through the wiring diagram shown there that the input would come from a mini plug...in my case the headphone out on my computer. I imagine i'm interpreting this wrong.

Second, If I connect this to speakers, how do I adjust their volume? I would connect the uca202's "output" rca's to my speakers which would feed them a line level signal correct? I was hoping to be able to adjust their volume from my computer.

Thanks!

Mar 8, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #2 of 6
The wiring diagram on Amazon is "confused". Look at the product manual at the Behringer web site for more realistic setup diagrams.

The input connectors there are for recording. For example, you'd connect the output from a mixer there, or connect a tape deck there or some other source you wanted to record.

The audio that you play on the computer will go over the USB.

You will be able to control the volume using the volume slider in your media player program.

Mar 9, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by USAstrat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And just to be sure- this will sound significantly better than my headphone out, right?

Significantly better? No.
I have listened to the Behringer UCA-202 a year or so ago. I was using Grado SR-60 headphones. I listened to both the headphone out on the UCA-202 and the line out connected to a portable headphone amp. One of the two sounded underwhelming, like a laptop onboard sound. But I can't remember which.

You'll want to get a second opinion on the sound if you're looking for something that is better (especially significantly better) than what you've got.

Jul 29, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #5 of 6
Just thought I'd chime in. I'm listening to this little audio interface right now - it actually sounds worse than the headphone-out of my MacBook Pro...

Not recommended for high fidelity. Does the job though, and will have less electrical interference by nature of being external.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back