UAPP direct says 48khz when dac capable of 192khz.
Nov 21, 2023 at 11:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

magyarjoe

New Head-Fier
I got a truthear hexa with a samsung dac that goes into my s23+. On pc there are no problems like noises but when i try to use it with my phone it gets bad. So i got myself uapp to bypass the dac restriction. Enabled every essential settings and it says at the bottom of the screen that its on 48khz(Direct:48khz). So my question is that how do i really unlock the whole dac, with what settings? Thanks

Nov 21, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #2 of 11
Direct mode "almost" equals to "unlock the whole dac". Why "almost"? It depends on your source, in this case, the file in your phone. If your file is 48kHz, the DAC will play at 48kHz without any up or down-sampling. If your file is a garbage MP3 or WMV, the direct mode will also play it with lossy quality. Your settings seem correct with direct mode shown/used. Your DAC is capable to do 192k, but not only to do 192k. It will play whatever sampling rate you feed to it at that sampling rate. So to "really unlock the whole dac", you need a source file with "native" 192KHz when created.

Nov 21, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #3 of 11
Direct mode "almost" equals to "unlock the whole dac". Why "almost"? It depends on your source, in this case, the file in your phone. If your file is 48kHz, the DAC will play at 48kHz without any up or down-sampling. If your file is a garbage MP3 or WMV, the direct mode will also play it with lossy quality. Your settings seem correct with direct mode shown/used. Your DAC is capable to do 192k, but not only to do 192k. It will play whatever sampling rate you feed to it at that sampling rate. So to "really unlock the whole dac", you need a source file with "native" 192KHz when created.
Im kinda lost here. I know about flac files and use them on pc but here is what is see on my phone. https://imgur.com/yUMuGbw

Nov 21, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #4 of 11
Judging from the screenshot, you are not in the correct "direct" mode. You are still using Android universal sampling (48K). If your settings are correct, UAPP should show "direct", NOT "USB DAC". In that case, it should play at 96K according to your flac file.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 8:31 PM Post #7 of 11
I don't think it's related to dev options. You need to change/mess up with settings. The essentials are USB driver and bit perfect ON. It may also depend on the model/proper driver of USB DAC. What's a Samsung DAC? Never heard of.
https://imgur.com/a/Xc3Ohtk
This is the one i got.
Turned on the bit perfect but it says: Cannot resample in bit perfect mode!

Nov 21, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #10 of 11
https://streamable.com/yc5c9b
These are my settings and it still is on 48khz. Can you export your settings so i can import it please? Thanks
I'm using the same settings as yours in my S23 Ultra with Violectric Chronos. I don't have any experience of that samsung dongle. Can you try another dongle? My settings are here. If using my settings you still get same issue, I suggest change to another DAC. UAPP itself doesn't guarantee its driver can be used universally across any USB DAC dongles.

Attachments

• UAPPSettings.zip
    11.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 9:41 PM Post #11 of 11
I'm using the same settings as yours in my S23 Ultra with Violectric Chronos. I don't have any experience of that samsung dongle. Can you try another dongle? My settings are here. If using my settings you still get same issue, I suggest change to another DAC. UAPP itself doesn't guarantee its driver can be used universally across any USB DAC dongles.
I think im just going to return the samsung dac and get a cx31993 from aliexpress, this dac made me crazy. Thank you so much for the time and i hope you have a nice day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back