UAHuntsville
Feb 14, 2010 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wes.coleman

100+ Head-Fier
I'm sure most of you have heard about the shooting at UAHuntsville, but I would just like to ask that any of you religious head fi'ers keep the university and the faculty members families in your prayers and thoughts.

Two of my professors are dead and one more (who is also my academic advisor) is in critical condition in the neurological ICU, so I ask that you pray for all the students in my position who have lost our role models.

Thanks,

Wesley Coleman

Feb 14, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #2 of 4
As a non-religious head-fier I shall comply with your request and not think about this horrible crime at all.

Feb 15, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #3 of 4
You bet I will say some prayers for your loss Wesley Coleman!! Just think how many people that this senseless act of violence will touch in a very heart breaking way!! Keep strong, yourself !!!!!

Feb 15, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leto Atreides II /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As a non-religious head-fier I shall comply with your request and not think about this horrible crime at all.

Stay classy Leto.

I recently heard my microbial ecology professor and academic advisor has suffered no major neurological damage, but has lost one of his eyes and needs considerable reconstructive surgery on his jaw.

The department secretary, Steffi, is still in critical condition as of my last checking.

Unfortunately, we lost three professors in our very small department. Dr. Maria Davis (whom I had as a professor last spring for Cell biology), Dr. Adriel Johnson (an A&P professor and advisor to any pre-med/pre-dent/pre-pharmacy students), and our department chair Dr. Gopi Podila (whom I also had as a professor for developmental biology and know personally. It kills me to know his little girl is without her father because of this senseless act). The entire department is in disarray after this tragedy and many of us are left without advisors, professors, and role models.

I and the entire community here at UAH would appreciate any continued prayers and/or thoughts for those of you who (like myself) aren't very religious but still are less self-absorbed than Leto here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back