Proglover

Progressiveus Drummeus

The new Achtung Baby remaster will be released 28 october / 1 november 2011

4 versions:

1. Normal (1 cd)
2. Deluxe (2 cd)
3. Super Deluxe:

1.  Contents:
  2. 6 CDs including the original Achtung Baby album, the follow-up album, Zooropa, B-sides, remixes and re-workings of previously unheard material recorded during the Achtung Baby sessions
  3. 4 DVDs including 'From The Sky Down', 'Zoo TV:Live From Sydney', all the videos from Achtung Baby plus bonus material
  4. 92-page hardback book
  5. 16 art prints in a wallet
  6. DVD Track List:
  7. DVD 1 - From The Sky Down - Documentary
  8. DVD 2 - The Videos
  9. 1. The Fly (Video)
  10. 2. Mysterious Ways (Video)
  11. 3. One (Video)
  12. 4. Even Better Than The Real Thing (Video)
  13. 5. One - Buffalo Version (Video)
  14. 6. One - Restaurant Version (Video)
  15. 7. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Video)
  16. 8. The Fly - Performance
  17. 9. Even Better Than The Real Thing (The Perfecto Mix)
  18. 10. The Fly (Text Only)
  19. 11. Until The End Of The World (Live)
  20. 12. The Fly (Live From The Stop Sellafield Concert)*
  21. 13. Even Better Than The Real Thing (Live From The Stop Sellafield Concert)*
  22. 14. Love Is Blindness (Video)
  23. 15. Lemon (Video)
  24. 16. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) (Video)
  25. 17. Numb (Video)
  26. 18. Numb (Video Remix)
  27. DVD 3 - Bonus Material
  28. Zoo TV Special - A Documentary
  29. Shorts:
  30. 1. MTV's "Most Wanted - ZooTV Special"
  31. 2. MTV Rockumentary
  32. 3. U2 on Naked City, 1993
  33. 4. U2 on Tv-Am, 1992
  34. 5. Trabantland Documentary
  35. ROM Content: Screensavers, Desktop Wallpapers, Weblinks
  36. DVD 4 - Zoo TV Live From Sydney
  37. 1. Show Opening
  38. 2. Zoo Station
  39. 3. The Fly
  40. 4. Even Better Than The Real Thing
  41. 5. Mysterious Ways
  42. 6. One
  43. 7. Unchained Melody
  44. 8. Until The End Of The World
  45. 9. New Year's Day
  46. 10. Numb
  47. 11. Angel Of Harlem
  48. 12. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
  49. 13. Satellite Of Love
  50. 14. Dirty Day
  51. 15. Bullet The Blue Sky
  52. 16. Running To Stand Still
  53. 17. Where The Streets Have No Name
  54. 18. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
  55. 19. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
  56. 20. Lemon
  57. 21. With Or Without You
  58. 22. Love Is Blindness
  59. 23. Can't Help Falling In Love 

4. Uber Deluxe:

=Super Deluxe +
  1. Limited & numbered magnetic puzzle tiled box
  2. Achtung Baby double vinyl album
  3. 5 clear 7" vinyl singles in their original sleeves
  4. 16 art prints taken from the original album sleeve
  5. Copy of Propaganda magazine
  6. 4 badges
  7. Sticker sheet
  8. Pair of Bono's trademark 'The Fly' sunglasses

Oct 9, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #2 of 12
And if their other albums released in the last decade are any indication, it'll be loud as hell 
mad.gif

Oct 9, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #3 of 12
U2 should concentrate on producing good music again before they bother with remastering. They have been on a downward spiral for years.

Oct 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #4 of 12

Quote:
And if their other albums released in the last decade are any indication, it'll be loud as hell 
mad.gif

true, but the Super Deluxe packages of The Joshua Tree and The Unforgettable Fire were still pretty nice. Soundwise, the MFSL's are better, especially TJT

Oct 9, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
U2 should concentrate on producing good music again before they bother with remastering. They have been on a downward spiral for years.

The music they made the laste decade is worthless to me, it has nothing to do with their masterpieces of the past, of which Achtung Baby is the last one IMO

Oct 10, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #6 of 12
"All That You Can't Leave Behind" and "How To Dismantle an Atom Bomb" are very good, IMHO.  Not classics but very solid work.  "No Line On the Horizon" was a step down from those two but was still viable.  They don't have the same passion and they certainly aren't trail-blazing like they did back in the day.  However, the song writing is still strong, Bono still has the voice and The Edge still has the chops.  Their best days are behind them but I don't think they've reached the bottom of the barrel quite yet.  Hopefully, we'll see some new stuff in 2012.  I'll be getting the "Deluxe Version" of "Actung Baby".  The others are overkill for me, despite U2 being one of my favorite bands ever.

Oct 10, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #7 of 12
anyone can comment on the new remasters' sound comparing to the really low quality sound of the old editions?   i would really like to pick up the joshua tree,war and achtung baby.  but only if the sound quality improved considerably

Oct 10, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
anyone can comment on the new remasters' sound comparing to the really low quality sound of the old editions?   i would really like to pick up the joshua tree,war and achtung baby.  but only if the sound quality improved considerably

Achtung Baby isn't released yet, so can't comment.
War is a bit improved, not much, but it's still the version I'd prefer. As for The Joshua Tree, I'd advice to search for the MFSL if soundquality is only factor (I like the Super Deluxe extra's which made is worth for me)

Oct 10, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
Achtung Baby isn't released yet, so can't comment.
War is a bit improved, not much, but it's still the version I'd prefer. As for The Joshua Tree, I'd advice to search for the MFSL if soundquality is only factor (I like the Super Deluxe extra's which made is worth for me)

I bought the previous deluxe versions for the extras, as well.  "The Unforgettable Fire" is the only remaster that sounds more than marginally better to me.

Oct 11, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #10 of 12
I don't get it.. you guys are actully saying that the newer remasters sound almost the same as the old versions?  how could this be?  it don't make sense to me that they will put out new remasters just for them to sound the same (and lousy) as the previews masters.  i was about to get myself war and joshua tree remasters but now reading the reviews i am really disappointed.

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:01 AM Post #11 of 12
War is improved, but not extremely much. Some are better then others.
Unforgettable Fire is also improved as I hear it. The Joshua Tree is maybe improved but mostly simply louder (it is nice though not having to re-adjust volume at 'With or Without You' :p) and the MFSL is the best version IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back