U-TURN ORBIT PLUS v PRO-JECT ESSENTIAL II USB
Mar 27, 2015 at 10:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Kingonly

New Head-Fier
First off let me start with that I am in now way an audiophile, but definitely a music enthusiast and for my 30th birthday, the Mrs has given the green light for me to upgrade my current Crosley TT. Right now I have narrowed down the choices to either U-Turn or Pro-ject. 

With U-Turn I would be doing the "Plus" model that includes an acrylic plate and Grado Black1 and would run that through the Schiit Magni 2 and Mani Phono Pre Amp.

or

Pro-ject Essential II USB with Ortofon OM 5E as is running through the built in pre amp and Magni 2. 

The headphones I have available right now are the AKG K271 MKII which I will eventually replace with the ATH-M50x and Grado SR80e that will eventually be replaced with either the SR125e or SR225e. 

If it makes an difference my musical preference range from Jazz and Blues to bands like U2 to Trip Hop. 

Thanks in advance!

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 2
~ So, have you dredged down your poison yet?  I'm curious to see your impressions as I've been looking at the aforementioned models relatively religiously.  Sorry to see no-one's gotten back to your post until a few months down the road. Heh :wink:  

I'm sure you're enjoying one of them by now.

How have you been liking your Schitt pre-amp?  I've been digging their DAC's as of late.

Later, Mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back