U.S. & CANADA TOUR: Calyx PaT Portable DAC/Amp
Jul 29, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #17 of 41
Here's what I've found so far...

The PaT makes the iPhone listening experience more energetic and engaging by tightening up the bass, making the upper end sound crisper, and providing a larger soundstage. Although it makes a noticeable difference in sound quality, it doesn't increase volume. As such, it works well with easier to drive HP & IEM but struggles with my HE400 planars.

Jul 29, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #18 of 41
You mean it's not gonna be able to push my HE-6?
rolleyes.gif

Jul 30, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #20 of 41
Geez,  you mean I gotta use my "normal" headphones? What kind of luddite do you take me for?
tongue.gif

I guess I can pull out my DJ headphones (Pioneer HDJ-2000), or these Rockmaster OE that I just reviewed (fantastic $30 bargain can), hmm the Senn HD598 might be iffy but we'll see.

Aug 18, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #23 of 41
So, PaT just arrived with me tonight. Lot smaller than I thought it'd be, but that's not so bad.

For some reason, every time I here the name I think of Saturday Night Live (the oldsters among us will remember the androgynous Pat sketches). Sorry, can't help it...

Aug 19, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #24 of 41
So, PaT just arrived with me tonight. Lot smaller than I thought it'd be, but that's not so bad.

For some reason, every time I here the name I think of Saturday Night Live (the oldsters among us will remember the androgynous Pat sketches). Sorry, can't help it...

Haha!!!

BTW, I got the very subdued blue for the US side. Very bright red you got up North :wink:

Aug 19, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #26 of 41
  You mean it's not gonna be able to push my HE-6?
rolleyes.gif

Hahaahhaaha - only if you hack it for a 48V battery 
eek.gif

@hakushondaimao - looks like a fun little gadget - soon they'll fit in the credit-card section of the wallet :) Count me in!

Aug 20, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #30 of 41
Woot! Is that 4 Canadians on the tour now? Canucks FTW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back