Tyrannosaurus Hives
Jul 21, 2004 at 2:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Fenster

100+ Head-Fier
It just came out today (7/20), anybody picked it up yet?

I've listened to it all the way through once already and I feel more than sufficiently rocked. IMO, a strong second offering. I was afraid they'd soften a little with this release but they kick as much ass as ever. They have, however, changed up their sound slightly with some synthy new-wave stuff.

My favorite tracks right now are "A Little More For Little You" and "Diabolic Scheme."

Anybody else?

Jul 21, 2004 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 8
I'd say it's a pretty solid album. It's nothing groundbreaking in terms of themselves or the genre, but the energy is high, the sound is tight, and it's satisfyingly rockin'.

I personally liked their last album a bit better, but that might just be because I've begun to slide off the garage rock bandwagon and become callous to the sound.

Jul 21, 2004 at 5:51 AM Post #3 of 8
I love the album! the nice upbeat songs like a abra cadaver, and love in plaster are great. There is nothing ground breaking in terms of the gerne but, its a very very solid album. One of the best i have heard in a few years. My favorite songs right now though are, Diabolic scheme, and Walk idiot walk. But i have this thing were i have to listen to the whole album, so i dont really listen to songs over and over. But i cant get enought of this album as a whole.

Jul 21, 2004 at 5:55 AM Post #4 of 8
I love these guys. The energetic and upbeat songs always bring a smile to my face. Mtv Holland broadcasted a live concert of them last night and they where really rocking.

And man i love their outfits!!!!

Jul 21, 2004 at 8:35 AM Post #5 of 8
Picked it up as well. While it certainly isn't innovative at all and fairly derivative it is a solid record. A worthwhile purchase if you just a straight-up, no frills rock record.

Jul 21, 2004 at 12:52 PM Post #6 of 8
I will pick up copy today at lunch from local Best Buy for $9.99, before they jack it up to $13.99
frown.gif

First Hives album was fun stuff, got that and first Vines album same time both very enjoyable, not planning on getting new Vines album however.

Secret music track online is stupid gimmick........put the dam bonus tracks on the CD where they belong!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 21, 2004 at 10:36 PM Post #7 of 8
I like the Hives but I haven't got a chance to check out the new album yet. They are kindda like The Raveonettes just slightly less experimenting with their sound. Defently good stuff though. I look forward to get my hands on the new album when I get a chance.

BTW: I just checked and CD-Wow got the new album for £10 shipped and cdon.com got the two old (three if you Your new favorit band) for like £7 (not shipped though)

Jul 25, 2004 at 2:22 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
I will pick up copy today at lunch from local Best Buy for $9.99, before they jack it up to $13.99
frown.gif

First Hives album was fun stuff, got that and first Vines album same time both very enjoyable, not planning on getting new Vines album however.

Secret music track online is stupid gimmick........put the dam bonus tracks on the CD where they belong!
very_evil_smiley.gif

I gave new CD a couple spins (doesn't take long
frown.gif
) and this is good album but I think overall Veni Vedi Vicus is better and fresher. I think they are better than most of the kiddie punk bands on current warped tour.

Also picked up FRANZ FERDINAND for $8.99 at same time. I actually like this even better but a different style than HIVES.

Someone mentioned the RAVOENETTES who I really like but they are really different than the Hives, more like Black Rebel Motorcycle Club...... both worship at the altar of Jesus Mary Chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back