TWS Adapter, Transmitter and IEM recommendations for PC gaming
Mar 18, 2024 at 9:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Drexxx

New Head-Fier
Hey there,

I want to build a good wireless setup (sound and voice) for PC gaming and im a total noob regarding good audio quality.
From my research i found this:
TWS Adapter: QC5181 cable
Transmitter: Nura BT 5.3 Audio Transmitter (Snapdragon Sound certified)
IEMs: Moondrop Lan

Now the questions begin:
1. Since the QC5181 is the newest SoC, it should be the best option, right?
2. The Nura transmitter is out of stock everywhere and doesnt look like its gonna be restocked since it was bought by Denon. The only other SS enabled transmitter if found on aptx website is the iFi audio NEO iDSD 2 but thats 800$ so its a pass. Do you know any other SS enabled transmitter? Is SS even necessary for driving the qc5181 chip to its fullest? If not, whats the next best thing?
3. With TWS and the transmitter do you think i would get the most of the Moondrop Lans? Is it worth spending more (~100$) on the IEMs?

Thanks!

Mar 22, 2024 at 10:55 PM Post #2 of 2
Hey there,

I want to build a good wireless setup (sound and voice) for PC gaming and im a total noob regarding good audio quality.
From my research i found this:
TWS Adapter: QC5181 cable
Transmitter: Nura BT 5.3 Audio Transmitter (Snapdragon Sound certified)
IEMs: Moondrop Lan

Now the questions begin:
1. Since the QC5181 is the newest SoC, it should be the best option, right?
2. The Nura transmitter is out of stock everywhere and doesnt look like its gonna be restocked since it was bought by Denon. The only other SS enabled transmitter if found on aptx website is the iFi audio NEO iDSD 2 but thats 800$ so its a pass. Do you know any other SS enabled transmitter? Is SS even necessary for driving the qc5181 chip to its fullest? If not, whats the next best thing?
3. With TWS and the transmitter do you think i would get the most of the Moondrop Lans? Is it worth spending more (~100$) on the IEMs?

Thanks!
No to all of the above. Don't game with IEMs to begin with. There's a reason most gaming headsets are full-size. IEMs suck at gaming. Great for music, bad for gaming. Get some wireless gaming headphones like the Razer Black shark V2 or the Audeze Maxwell or the Logitech G. It'll be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back