Two Towers DVD?
Jan 17, 2003 at 12:44 AM Post #16 of 19
RotK will need to be at least 3.5 hours long, I should think, but I guess that's a good prediction. With fitting Shelob into the beginning and other little things. I can't wait, that's for sure.

I would like to see The Hobbit done, but I'm not foaming at the mouth for it. And fantasy, of course, I would like to see some form of the Silmarillion on the big screen
wink.gif

Too bad that'll never happen

Jan 17, 2003 at 2:29 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by fierce_freak

I would like to see The Hobbit done, but I'm not foaming at the mouth for it. And fantasy, of course, I would like to see some form of the Silmarillion on the big screen
wink.gif

Too bad that'll never happen

Both of these things could and will happen. Here's how. (OK, you'll have to supply the big screen, but the movies will be made.)

Jan 17, 2003 at 2:34 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

I'm sure they will make an extended edition, because it gives the studio the chance to sell 2 sets of DVS's to the fans, ie double the money for the same movie.

Well, the thing I liked about the FOTR's release was that they let fans KNOW that an extended version would be coming out soon. That saved me a lot of grief and aggravation(grumble grumble, that's why I'm not buying Star Wars yet). Personally, I believe they handled the DVD's release admirably.

Jan 17, 2003 at 2:43 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by MadMax
Long and cumbersome?
eek.gif

I don't think I agree with you there
tongue.gif

Yep. I understand the need to fit as much of the canon material in there as possible (I'm as big a Tolkein fan as anyone), but they really fell down in the pacing of the film.

Anyone can make an epic movie, only a few can make one compelling. Jackson should take lessons from Scorsese.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back