Two Random Questions of the Day
Feb 1, 2008 at 5:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Brian loves music

100+ Head-Fier
1) How do you guys keep your headphone cord from dangeling up. The chord on my hd595s wraps up with itself tons to the point where it almost puts stress on my left ear cub.

2) anyone had issues taking dac/amps on the airplane? I assume they treat them like laptops at the security checkpoint and make you take them out and scan them. I assume X-ray won't hurt my baby (emu 0404 usb). I know i won't be using it on the plane but i'd rather carry it with me than have it banged around in my checked luggage.

THANKS

man take about random

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #2 of 5
To keep the headphone cable from twisting up, use some pre-fabbed cable control unit like a cable turtle, or devise your own. I use 2-3 double sided velcro straps around 3 points on the cable after I've looped it around a few times.

In regards to the question about DAC/Amps (this one seems to get asked with constant regularity), TSA really isn't too bothered, and if they do ask, saying its a headphone amplifier seems logical to them. The X-rays don't bother it either. The only thing is that with the new TSA rules, you are limited to how many extra rechargeable lithium-ion cells you are allowed to carry on with you.

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #3 of 5
The HD 595s I tried in store had no such problem, but that maybe because it was used a ton.

Recabling is another great option: I've had my EW9s recabled by APureSound.com using the portable cable, and it never wraps by itself. It becomes flexible after a week of regular use, and it seems like it would last a very long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back