Two quick, basic questions
May 6, 2010 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JOmega

New Head-Fier
1) I saw some posts saying that using high volume is bad. I've only had two sets of cheap v-moda headphones, but I'm getting ViSang's in the mail in a couple of days. I don't want to ruin them. Both of my first two v-moda's eventually died due to the problem in #2. But back to #1, what volume is okay? I can't stand listening to music low... I almost ALWAYS have it on 100% volume. Everything sounds better, and I feel like I'm isolated from reality... in a different world almost. If they are on low volume, it's not the same experience... I hope that makes sense!

2) Is wrapping the headphones around your ipod a bad idea? Whenever I take my headphones off, I wrap them around my ipod and then put it in my pocket. However, both of my v-moda's died from this. The right-ear headphone stopped working because the cable got ruined from me wrapping it around the ipod for about a year. Is this because they are cheap cables, or should I just refrain from wrapping it around the ipod, and instead leave it loose.

I'm asking these because although the ViSang's were only ~$60 shipped, I don't want to ruin them! Thanks for reading!

EDIT: This is off-topic--I HATE the new board layout, but I can't find forum display preferences to change it back to normal... could anyone please point me in the right direction?

May 6, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #2 of 3
1) You can volume up of each song in itune then no need to turn up the volume 100% and just buy IEMs with highest sesivity with low impedance like Sennheiser IE8 and many others. 2) I think carrying case is better and you can use V-Moda pouch for more conveneince......

May 6, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #3 of 3
1. It's not that it's bad because it ruins the earphone. It's more that having it at high volumes will damage your hearing and cause hearing loss in the future. If you have any good isolating phone I have a hard time imagining that you can have it at 100% since that is way past tolerable listening levels.

2. It is bad. It is better to wrap it around put it in some kind of case. You have to remember that these are expensive and fragile equipment and should treat it as such. It can take some punishment but too much and it will break easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back