Two questions
Dec 22, 2013 at 12:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Misterer

New Head-Fier
1. I have a Fiio E09K amp. At low volume, the right channel seems to be louder than the left one. If I turn the volume up the channels balance out. Is this normal?
2. I do not know whether headphone "burn in" is a myth or not, but if it's not, does it happen on high volumes only? If headphones are always used on quite low volume, will they "burn in" anyway?

Dec 22, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #2 of 7
  1. I have a Fiio E09K amp. At low volume, the right channel seems to be louder than the left one. If I turn the volume up the channels balance out. Is this normal?
2. I do not know whether headphone "burn in" is a myth or not, but if it's not, does it happen on high volumes only? If headphones are always used on quite low volume, will they "burn in" anyway?

What headphones do you use with the E09K?
I would assume the volume problem is not normal, as a lot of people would return their E09K if there was an inbalance.

I would assume the headphone would just take a lot longer to break in if used at low volume, if there was a 'break in".

Dec 22, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #3 of 7
Thats called channel imbalance. Look around the forum and see if anyone else has had that problem. Some amps have that problem at lower volumes, but if the E09K isnt suppose to have it then definitely consider swappin it for a new one

Dec 23, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #6 of 7
My headphones have low impedance (~40ohm), so they're loud even at lowest amp volumes. As I mentioned, the imbalance is only there when the volume control is barely turned up. It seems to me it might be just fine, e.g., other manufacturers consider it a normal thing: http://schiit.com/faq/amp-problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back