two questions about shure e2cs
Jan 8, 2008 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

quiksliver

100+ Head-Fier
1. I am using my e2cs with my ipod and my computer and they constantly cut out, especially when they are moved around in my ipod and cause alot of static, is there anything I can do on my end to fix or solve this?

2. my e2cs are under warranty and the shure rep said it should be covered and they will replace them, since the e2cs are discontinued what will I get instead?

Jan 8, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by quiksliver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. I am using my e2cs with my ipod and my computer and they constantly cut out, especially when they are moved around in my ipod and cause alot of static, is there anything I can do on my end to fix or solve this?

2. my e2cs are under warranty and the shure rep said it should be covered and they will replace them, since the e2cs are discontinued what will I get instead?

I saw somewhere (maybe their site) that some electrical tape along the edge of the plug would help the static issue.

To answer your second question, you may receive the SCL-2, that's what I received recently.

Jan 8, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by quiksliver /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You might get lucky and receive the SE110. I have used a pair and the bottom end is much better than the E2!

Jan 8, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #4 of 5
I have a very similar problem, problem with the wiring somewhere along the cable. Youll probably get a set of refurb e2c's they have at hand.

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #5 of 5
You will almost definitely get the SCL-2. They are exactly the same as the E2C; the E-series was renamed when Shure came out with the SE-series of phones. I believe SCL stands for "Shure Classic Line."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back