two new sony discman(photo)
Feb 21, 2002 at 10:28 AM Post #4 of 18
The trend that Sony is starting to set with stripping their players of LCDs is starting to really get to me. Just one more reason for me to never get another PCDP in my lifetime. If they can fit an LCD onto their MD recorders, the least they could do is fit one on their CD players main units which have more than enough room for one!

Feb 21, 2002 at 11:17 AM Post #5 of 18
Wow, I have one of these (sans remote). I didn't know they still made them!

d-t405-je.jpg

Feb 21, 2002 at 4:28 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by Vertigo-1
The trend that Sony is starting to set with stripping their players of LCDs is starting to really get to me. Just one more reason for me to never get another PCDP in my lifetime. If they can fit an LCD onto their MD recorders, the least they could do is fit one on their CD players main units which have more than enough room for one!

I think sony is consipiring to mess around with our minds with strange user interfaces (or lack of).

I have to agree, no LCD display is kinda annoying. Even if you put it on the remote, its still kinda lame. That's one of the reasons why I purchased the EJ725 because it has a LCD on it.

However, from a manufacturing point of view, it makes complete sense. Less parts, less things can go wrong. Placing the LCD on the remote means that its cheaper to discard the remote if it doesn't work instead of tossing the whole pcdp.

Feb 21, 2002 at 10:21 PM Post #7 of 18
Boy those are god damn UGLY cd players !!

Im glad I bought mine (925) when I did.

Feb 21, 2002 at 10:24 PM Post #8 of 18
I really appreciate this person's (oAe?! name resembles vowel-only fun in English font set) attempts to alert us to new gear that we wouldn't see on English-only sites. The Panasonic PCDP in an earlier thread looked particularly mint (and minty fresh).

--Ypt

Feb 24, 2002 at 5:02 AM Post #9 of 18
...I know this is off-off-topic. But I also appreciate the glimpses into the beyond. If we get reviews on those players, then we might incite an Audio-Technica-like importing frenzy.

So if there is a great sounding player (with reviews to back it up) that has a reliable supplier willing to do overseas transaction, I'm sure the exposure you've given it will be worth it.

Feb 24, 2002 at 10:41 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by pedxing
The one thing you won't find in North America is the pink colored CD-player.

I wouldnt b too sure...u know how yanks are
tongue.gif

j/k
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2002 at 1:38 PM Post #12 of 18

How dare you. We USsies are highly virile woodsbiffers who prefer burnt sienna to lavender any dawn of the weekend (after working fourteen-hour days hefting magma at Vulcanizing Biff-Men Tech). We also prefer chewing circuitry to peanut brittle and use Bunsen burners to cauterize the injuries our kid sisters sustain after having been taken to chuckle the chins of sabre-tooth mackerel at the anthropophagous petting aquarium.

BTW: How about these players, hmmmm?

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~LP1S-SWD...L-CT590_t.html

(This one is shipping to the states from here:
http://www.aaaprice.com/pansl17.html)

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~LP1S-SWD...L-CT790_t.html

(http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~LP1S-SWD...955/shiyo.html)

Feb 26, 2002 at 2:44 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by scrypt

How dare you. We USsies are highly virile woodsbiffers who prefer burnt sienna to lavender any dawn of the weekend (after working fourteen-hour days hefting magma at Vulcanizing Biff-Men Tech). We also prefer chewing circuitry to peanut brittle and use Bunsen burners to cauterize the injuries our kid sisters sustain after having been taken to chuckle the chins of sabre-tooth mackerel at the anthropophagous petting aquarium.

LOL

Feb 26, 2002 at 11:23 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by scrypt

We also prefer chewing circuitry to peanut brittle and use Bunsen burners to cauterize the injuries our kid sisters sustain after having been taken to chuckle the chins of sabre-tooth mackerel at the anthropophagous petting aquarium.

Now all you biffers of wood have to get with those lil Bunsen-burnt scarred ladies.

In Asian culture, we women are pampered beyond belief, so we get our lavender dawns as well as our wood biffed.

rolleyes.gif
or something...

Feb 26, 2002 at 3:23 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by PianoBlack

I tend not to tackle arpeggios until I've mastered the score, chortle tinkle nudge crash bleed thud moo.

Quote:

Now all you biffers of wood have to get with those lil Bunsen-burnt scarred ladies.

The beauty part is dressing the Bunsen flourishes -- which look like smoky fingerpaintings and can be quite arresting when fitted with the right door-knockers and miniature busts of John Wayne (within reason, of course -- after all, we're talking about my sister). Just today, I pinned a miniature silver ventricle to Sis's pacifier, a ventricle engraved with her pet-name Trilobite. At six months old, she's almost as stunning as those pampered-beyond-belief women we keep hearing about in the States.

Quote:

In Asian culture, we women are pampered beyond belief, so we get our lavender dawns as well as our wood biffed.

Yeah, but the problem with Asian culture is the damned lines and toll-booths leading to the pampered goddesses who don't have to demand anything because they're already in demand. Biff-men have to wait several hours on alternate Thursdays just to put in a single lavender-dawn-biffing request!

(An elderly man dressed as a giant nose tussles with a younger man who is dressed as a double chin while a pampered dryad polishes her twigs and a man dressed in lavender shouts: "Mein Gourd! I no do believe!")

Users who are viewing this thread

Back