two headphones or one?
Jan 16, 2014 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

epicFAIL

100+ Head-Fier
this might sound stupid but i was wondering if I should but two headphones that are specialized( or say open back and closed one) or just one.
all i can put in is a tad below $200.

the reason i have to resort to such is that headphones in my country are too pricey with respect to the normal prices by the retailer.
so i was thinking of a combo like hd 429 + xb500.

suggestions?

EDIT : 

i listen to almost all genres.

portability and comfort are secondary, only priority is sq.

isolation while preferred is not mandatory,i could do without it.

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #2 of 7
In order for forum members to fully help you with your question, it would help if you post what you will be using it for, where you will be using them, and what genre of music you listen to. I personally like using open back headphones at home for everything I do, even if sometimes they low-end. I would invest in a good pair versus 2. 

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #3 of 7
  In order for forum members to fully help you with your question, it would help if you post what you will be using it for, where you will be using them, and what genre of music you listen to. I personally like using open back headphones at home for everything I do, even if sometimes they low-end. I would invest in a good pair versus 2. 

i listen to almost every thing.
portability and comfort are secondary, as i am all focused on sq
open back bassy headphones are usually out of my range and hence the question

i was wondering if I should but two headphones that are specialized

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #5 of 7
I'm from india.

I can get anything from the Sony XB series( stleast some retailers are here)

audio technica ath ad700/500(it's open back?)

sensheisers - can stretch upto HD 558 (but i don't have any amp and my DAPs are usually a either the smartphone or laptop)

skullcandy aviators/navigators

i spotted a few chinese sellers on web,they had few v moda's but it's probably fake.

however i am thinking about importing a pair from outside as a last resort ,meanwhile the search continues...

Jan 16, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #6 of 7
HD 558 does not need an amp to perform but will lack bass anyhow. The AD series will also lack bass. I would stay away from fake v-modas. I guess the XB series will be your best bet for bass.

edit: such a small selection you have to choose from. 

Jan 17, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #7 of 7
  HD 558 does not need an amp to perform but will lack bass anyhow. The AD series will also lack bass. I would stay away from fake v-modas. I guess the XB series will be your best bet for bass.

edit: such a small selection you have to choose from. 

that's why i was thinking of one bassy and one open back headphone

yup,my choices are severely limited 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back