Two Germans for HD800?
May 16, 2013 at 5:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

cerol

New Head-Fier
For music-only I use STAX 007 with the amp SR-727 on the first floor of my house.
Now I want the best possible sound while watching Bluray/DVD with my Oppo BDP105/Samsung TV on the second floor.
Therefore i have bought Sennheisers HD800, which I suppose could sound even better  (i.e. "warmer" and "mellower") ,  if not fed by Oppos headphone jack. After having read lots of threads on these pages (this is my debut on Head-Fi) I finally decided to choose between Lehmann BCL and Violectric V200, as they are most easily imported here from Germany.
Could anybody advice me, please?

May 16, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #2 of 19
Not a german one, but the burson soloist does things better than the V200 to my ears. More bass impact, improved soundstage, and its very musical. 

I noticed some guys are using that combination (Solo/HD800) 

May 18, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #3 of 19
Guten Tag Formula 1 !

Ich danke sehr für eine Antwort aus Deutschland,  und ich nehme die Gelegenheit mein Deutsch zu üben, was hoffentlich verständlich genug ist.

Ein Freund hat einen Burson Conductor bestellt,  ich bin sehr gespannt darauf und will es heute holen.
Aber ich brauche eigentlich kein Dac/USB, und da wäre the Soloist zureichend.
Auch hätte ich gerne einen Kopfhöhrerverstärker mit  XLR-Eingang, denn der RCA-Ausgang aus dem Oppo ist ja schon besetzt (geht zu meinem Vollverstärker). Das spricht für V200.

Was ist Ihre Meinung von dem Unterschied zwischen V200 und Lehmann BCL ?

Könnten Sie mir vielleicht eine deutsche Web-site, gleichend Head-Fi.org, empfehlen??
Nochmals, herzlichen Dank!
/C

May 18, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #4 of 19
Quote:
For music-only I use STAX 007 with the amp SR-727 on the first floor of my house.
Now I want the best possible sound while watching Bluray/DVD with my Oppo BDP105/Samsung TV on the second floor.
Therefore i have bought Sennheisers HD800, which I suppose could sound even better  (i.e. "warmer" and "mellower") ,  if not fed by Oppos headphone jack. After having read lots of threads on these pages (this is my debut on Head-Fi) I finally decided to choose between Lehmann BCL and Violectric V200, as they are most easily imported here from Germany.
Could anybody advice me, please?

I would go with the V200, but you'll have to decide for yourself tbh. I do know someone (in Germany) that can get you the V200 for €695, shipping is included. I also like Violectric better as company, just look at the product pages to know why. The V200 page throws specs and pictures in your face while the Soloist uses (in my opinion shady) reviews to advertise the product. And Violectric's specs page shows even more. Very transparent people and they're very friendly as well. Feel free to PM me to get in touch with the dealer with a "special" price.

I haven't heard the BCL personally but 200mW at 300 ohms might not go loud enough for some. V200's specs are better but specs don't say that much tbh.

But "Carefully selected top notch components and a highly sophisticated circuit design guarantee top performance listening pleasure." makes it feel shady to me. They're saying that it's very good but what's in there is a mystery. They'll probably give you information if you mail them though, but stil...

May 18, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #5 of 19
If it's good, it must be a Violectric. (no pun intended). Lehman is ok but I feel that the BCL is a thing of the past. As for Burson, I previously own a Burson 160ds and the USB froze up and died with Wasapi. I had to RMA for that.

I'm currently using a violectric v100 and it's great. Do visit the V200 thread to see for yourself. Violectric is a real engineering company, you won't go wrong with them plus it's Made in Germany.

May 18, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:
If it's good, it must be a Violectric. (no pun intended). Lehman is ok but I feel that the BCL is a thing of the past. As for Burson, I previously own a Burson 160ds and the USB froze up and died with Wasapi. I had to RMA for that.

I'm currently using a violectric v100 and it's great. Do visit the V200 thread to see for yourself. Violectric is a real engineering company, you won't go wrong with them plus it's Made in Germany.

The Violectrics are very good neutral amps, but will not make the Oppo+HD800 warmer or mellower. From SS amps, Yulong A18 or Audio gd SA-31 (can be bought within EU) might fit better.
Xlr amp inputs are not essential, as an xlr to rca interconnect cable can be used.

May 18, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:
The Violectrics are very good neutral amps, but will not make the Oppo+HD800 warmer or mellower. From SS amps, Yulong A18 or Audio gd SA-31 (can be bought within EE) might fit better.
Xlr amp inputs are not essential, as an xlr to rca interconnect cable can be used.

+1
I've had the hd800 plugged in to the v200 and it did not make it sound less brighter.

May 20, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:
Guten Tag Formula 1 !

Ich danke sehr für eine Antwort aus Deutschland,  und ich nehme die Gelegenheit mein Deutsch zu üben, was hoffentlich verständlich genug ist.

Ein Freund hat einen Burson Conductor bestellt,  ich bin sehr gespannt darauf und will es heute holen.
Aber ich brauche eigentlich kein Dac/USB, und da wäre the Soloist zureichend.
Auch hätte ich gerne einen Kopfhöhrerverstärker mit  XLR-Eingang, denn der RCA-Ausgang aus dem Oppo ist ja schon besetzt (geht zu meinem Vollverstärker). Das spricht für V200.

Was ist Ihre Meinung von dem Unterschied zwischen V200 und Lehmann BCL ?

Könnten Sie mir vielleicht eine deutsche Web-site, gleichend Head-Fi.org, empfehlen??
Nochmals, herzlichen Dank!
/C

Sie sind sehr unterschiedlich Ampere:  Lehman ein Spaß klingende Verstärker, während die V200 ist neutral.

Ich persönlich mochte die V200.

Es wird auf Ihrem Musikgeschmack ab. 
smile.gif

May 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #9 of 19
German fi?

May 22, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #12 of 19
I guess that's what formula1 used as well. GTranslate, that is.  
wink.gif

I, too, was thinking about getting something from Lake People/Violectric, but in the end it looks like I will go for a tube amp. Lake People stuff is essentially the "professional" line, Violectric the consumer line... at least, as far as I was informed. Have a look at their stuff as well, if you want to save some money.

Having no first-hand experience with the HD800 I can not recommend any combinations here, though. 
What I mainly heard from other people was that Audio GD makes quite impressive gear for very reasonable prices. And with the option to roll opamps or to order it with different upgrades to improve/change the sound signature their gear should be quite close to what you want/need. 

May 22, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #13 of 19
No need for GT friend, ich spreche Deutsch :)
Mosf of the time i speak it, despite i know different languages. 

May 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #14 of 19
Ich verwende beim Musikhören ebenfalls zumeist dasselbe STAX-Set (SR07 bzw. 727). Alternativ dazu setze ich aber (an anderer Stelle) auch den HD 800 in Verbindung mit dem V200 ein. Die Qualität dieser Geräte ist natürlich unbestritten. Für mich klingt aber der HD800 in Kombination mit dem V200 manchmal etwas hart und kalt. Aus diesem Grunde überlege ich mir, einen Audeze LCD3 zu kaufen und mit dem V200 zu kombinieren. Diesen Kopfhörer habe ich allerdings persönlich noch nicht gehört!
Meine Einschätzung ist natürlich subjektiv und möglicherweise auch von der wesentlich wärmeren Abstimmung der STAX-Kombi beeinflusst.

May 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:
Google translate does it if you don't get it, the German to English (and vice versa) translations are understandable.

Why would you want us to translate a post written in german in an english speaking forum?

I really don't get it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back