two ear/headphones for $100 total??? any advice??
May 21, 2007 at 1:38 PM Post #16 of 18
The thing about recommending the SR-60s and the KSC-75s is that the sound sigs are very similar. He may not be a Grado man...maybe he's a Senn guy. The SR-60s and the PX100s will allow him to sample two popular sounds. There's nothing blasphemous about using the PX100s at home. And, they work great in the gym. If he is a certified Grado man, then the iGrados will sound much better than the KSC-75s.

May 21, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #17 of 18
I wouldn't get two phones with a similar sound sigs. I would get something for home in the Sennheiser family. The KSC-75s are really great little phones. I owned the HD 485 and they where very comfie and built well. They have a warm sound but still have a pretty good details. They are not fatiguing. The KSC-75s are very Grado like. I would grab the KSC-75s first and listen to those. If you like the sound get a bigger Grado/Alessandro for th house. If you dont like the sound, get something else like Senn or AKG.

May 21, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's nothing blasphemous about using the PX100s at home. And, they work great in the gym.

I use the PX100 a lot at home straight from my iPod. I like the sound a lot better than the KSC75.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't get two phones with a similar sound sigs. I would get something for home in the Sennheiser family. The KSC-75s are really great little phones. I owned the HD 485 and they where very comfie and built well. They have a warm sound but still have a pretty good details. They are not fatiguing. The KSC-75s are very Grado like. I would grab the KSC-75s first and listen to those. If you like the sound get a bigger Grado/Alessandro for th house. If you dont like the sound, get something else like Senn or AKG.

x2 for the HD485. They're the most comfortable full size headphones I've owned. The sound is pretty good as well.

x2 on trying the KSC75 first. They're so cheap, especially if you mail order, and are fine for the gym if you don't mind open phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back