Two budget in-ears...
Dec 10, 2011 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ZeNmAc

100+ Head-Fier
I need two inexpensive iem's for gifts (~30-50 each).  I have not been paying attention to new iems that came out in the last few years so advice is appreciated
biggrin.gif
.  Both will be used for rock or pop I think.  Preferably normal iems, not requiring cable to go around the ear or weird fits like that.  Basically normal shaped ones that fit easily and don't need deep insertion to sound good.  One of the two can possibly have over ear cable, but you know how the average person is with weird fits like that
tongue.gif

I'd prefer to buy from amazon or someplace that doesn't take forever to ship (i.e. I need them before christmas lol).

I searched for a while today and was thinking about sennheiser (cx500, cx250 etc), jvc but I haven't read much on their newer ones.

I'd avoid meelectronics because I got one person m9's a while back and one side went out in less than a year iirc.  I wasn't too impressed with the m9's sq, but then again these aren't for me
tongue.gif
.  It may have been the old version of the m9's with poor build quality (they were black if that helps?
redface.gif
).

I'm planning on getting different ones for each person but I don't have to.  Who likes to get the same gift as someone else? lol.

tl;dr: two iems, ~$30-50, sq, build quality, normal fit, needs to get here by christmas (no ebay from china lol)

Dec 11, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #3 of 6
Haven't tried them myself, but there is a sale at www.newegg.com for TDK BA100, regularly $200, on sale now for $50 with coupon (coupon on same page). Suppose to be a hit for it's price.

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
MEE CC51 can be had for like $45

Thanks, ordered one pair.  Now for the second pair...

Second pair is a little more flexable, but still needs to be built well and easy to get a good fit.  I don't think this person would mind over the ear cord design though.

Considering mee a151 but not too sure how user friendly they are or if they suit the purpose yet...

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
Thanks, ordered one pair.  Now for the second pair...

Second pair is a little more flexable, but still needs to be built well and easy to get a good fit.  I don't think this person would mind over the ear cord design though.

Considering mee a151 but not too sure how user friendly they are or if they suit the purpose yet...

A151, unless this person is a basshead...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back