Two amps, one source - how to??
Dec 21, 2002 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kentamcolin

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm wondering what is the best way to hook up both a headphone amp and speaker amp to the same CDP. I'm using an Adcom CDP into an ASL amp for the cans, and have a vintage Yamaha receiver hooked up to speakers for radio playback - and would like to have the ability to play CD's into the loudspeakers, through the receiver. If this will end up degrading the signal into the headphones I'll forget it, my headphone setup sounds to good to mess with it. Any recommendations?

Dec 21, 2002 at 4:09 PM Post #2 of 5
Either connect your amp to your receiver via the tape out with the CDP going into the CD input. Or purchase some Vampire RCA splitters from HeadRoom and use those in the analog outs of your CDP, one set of ICs going to your headamp and another set going to your CD input of your receiver.

0060210000front.JPG

Dec 21, 2002 at 4:40 PM Post #4 of 5
biggrin.gif

Yes they are well made and don't change any sonics as far as I can tell. The only drawback is that they stick out kind of far. So if your component is in a rack against a wall, these will need another 3 - 4 inches of space when you factor in the IC coming out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back