Two albums getting mixed into one on my DAP
Nov 23, 2018 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Geordiepete

Head-Fier
My 6-yr-old son wanted me to put two Beatles' albums (1 & the White Album) on his Ruizu X50. I've already put several albums on there with no problem. The X50 only has folder view for the internal drive. However, as my son prefer to through scroll the SD card file, I put all music on there. The SD card is searched in the X50 through the categories of Songs, Artists, Albums, Genres, and Playlists. He uses Albums and Artists. The problem is, 1 and the White Album come up as unknown artist and unknown album. No idea why. On the SD card, 1 is in a folder titled '1' and the White Album is in a folder titled 'The White Album'. Both are in a folder titled 'The Beatles', with several other Beatles albums (e.g. Abbey Road) that are catalogued fine on the X50. I downloaded an app called 'Kid 3' (I use a Mac) to make sure the tags are fine. They are, so far as I can tell. I can't see anything that would make the X50 mix together all tracks from 1 and the White Album under Unknown Album by Unknown Artist. I use Swinsian for my own music and DAP, but Swinsian won't let me Please help. The attached screenshots show how Abbey Road (catalogued fine in the X50) 1, and the White Album (not mixed up together as one album by an unknown artist on the X50) are shown in Kid3.

Attachments

• Beatles White Album in Kid3.png
    Beatles White Album in Kid3.png
    476.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Beatles 1 in Kid3.png
    Beatles 1 in Kid3.png
    479.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Beatles Abbey Road in Kid3.png
    Beatles Abbey Road in Kid3.png
    413.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread