Twisted Cables Vortex Review, and comparison against Equinox and Cardas Sennheiser cables
Aug 11, 2009 at 10:05 AM Post #16 of 21
i'm a resourceful young'ish man
wink.gif
i'll have a good line on them shortly

also a little OT, but SCSCAg = S ingle C rystal S olid C ore Ag (silver)?? I know I should know this
redface.gif

Aug 11, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #18 of 21
hehe ok I can relax now, seems a little short that one though Lee; perhaps needs some more work
tongue.gif

Oct 20, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #20 of 21
I Have both Equinox (just order form TTVJ) and Cardas now in my hands. With HD650 Equinox is clear winner here with 80 hours run-in. I had zu MK1 for while, then sold it try to get MK2, because MKI was soo stiff , hard to use. Then Zu jack the cable price way up, so I gave up on them. I had Cardas for many years because they are cheap and clearlly sound much much better than stock. Equinox have better sound stage, faster, more open high and fuller bass and mid bass than cardas. But at same time they do change the sound signature of HD650 little bit, wich I really like it. Cardas is very neutral and smooth compare to Equionx.

Oct 26, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #21 of 21
The HD650 are a different beast to synergise with, Seamaster. Using the HD650, silver plated copper cables get my preference over every pure copper cable, including the Vortex - but that may be just me finding the HD650 too dull and dark and trying to liven them up a bit.

I don't find HD600 to be dark like the HD650, so neutrality is the main quality I look for in a HD600 cable. The Vortex did this slightly better than the Cardas, but the latter was nonetheless excellent as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back