Twisted Cables ~ JH13pro / Slim LOD / Adapter ~ Bonanza
Jan 1, 2010 at 4:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nattonrice

500+ Head-Fier
I'll start this off by saying I do not subscribe to the "cables change the sound" crowd...

I do however appreciate an extremely well built product with attention to detail in its construction.
This exactly what I received from Jeremy (qusp) of Twisted Cables.
I had met Jeremy at a local meet and was highly impressed with his love for his product and the lengths he would go to make sure his customers were satisfied.
To top this off he is based in Australia and it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to support a local business =)

After the meet I began talking to Jeremy a fair bit about all manner of things.
I wanted him to make me an impedance adapter, using some Vishay Naked Z-foils (TX2575), for my JH13pros.
I have a number of amps in various stages of construction, all which really need an adapter to be sensible with an IEM.

After a while I decided to get him to make me a nice alternate cable for the 13's themselves, along with a slim (!) LOD for use with the upcoming Pico Slim.
All I had to do was tell him that I loved black and silver hehe.

The wire is all solid core silver called SCSCAg from Cryo-Parts for which Twisted Cables is an official OEM.
While no-where near as flexible as stranded cable it is still very usable while out and about.
It has a wonderfully elegant look to it under any light which is very nice.
The carbon-fiber sheathed barrels look very cool to boot.

The JH13 cable's construction deserves particular attention for a number of reasons:
- The braiding is beautifully done with no breaks in consistency or voids and the twisting from split to IEM is very tight;
- The y-split and cinch are expertly thought out and not some 3rd party product or weird, over bulky material;
- The IEM 2-prong connectors are NOT a recycled part. They are completely hand cast by Jeremy;
- The prongs are solid silver rod to match the cable;
- The memory wire is correctly sized (!) and is covered in an excellent clear Teflon heat-shrink.

The adapter is very well done as well, and a wonderful work of art.
Cramming two TX2575's into the barrel and still having a durable construction requires a fair bit of trickery.
Very nicely done!

The slim LOD is, correct me if I'm wrong, Twisted Cables most popular product.
I can see why now.
The dock connector's housing, just like the IEM connectors, are hand molded by Jeremy and just flawless in construction.
It isn't some half assed out-the-side and plug-up-the-back job.
The super short mini-phono is great and kinda cute in size!

One of the things that struck me the most when I first opened up my care package was the lack of any over use of hideous branding on the cables.
Jeremy clearly knows he has used beautiful parts in the construction of his products and sees no reason to cover them up in propaganda.
The only use of the Twisted Cables logo is on the impedance adapter's female jack and is tastefully done.

All in all Twisted Cables makes a wonderful product backed-up with fantastic customer service and communication.
Highly recommended o(^-^)o

*** Disclaimer: I suck two ways from Friday at photography
redface.gif

theloot.JPG

jh13.JPG

cinch.JPG

pins.JPG

barrel.JPG

impadapt.JPG

slimlod.JPG

twist.JPG

Edit: Corrected details about the wire. That is, the wire is SCSCAg from Cryo-Parts.

Jan 30, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #3 of 4
Jeremy does great work. I still love my balanced HD800 cables he made for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back